Who we are…
Pearl Health is restoring the independence and joy of practicing medicine for doctors in the United States. Our healthcare system has burdened our doctors with too much process, while removing them from what they do best: caring for those we love most. We are a team of physicians (Groups), physician-enablement experts (VillageMD, Steward, Stellar) and technologists (athenahealth, TrialSpark, Flatiron Health) and health plan leaders (Oscar, Clover, Centivo) who believe that primary care providers (PCPs) are the key to the United State’s future health. Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz and AlleyCorp.
We believe there is a need to bring humanism back to healthcare. We launched Pearl Health to help PCPs who are overwhelmed by the demands of an aging population and the unpredictable business model inherent to Traditional Medicare. This solution will empower PCPs to provide better care to their entire patient population and democratize access to healthcare risk, making it more readily available and optimized through an intelligent marketplace. We free physicians to better allocate their time with patients, increase their autonomy, and provide incentives that are aligned with achieving better outcomes through clinical decision-making powered by actionable intelligence.
What we hope you can do…
We are seeking a talented Data Analyst with experience supporting operational teams by developing and presenting metrics and insights derived from key datasets. You will work with our Lead Data Scientist on a variety of domains, from monitoring our various sales and marketing channels to building analytical processes that evaluate our physician partners. You should be a strategic and analytical thinker, effective at communicating data-driven insights to business counterparts, and comfortable building out conceptual frameworks to effectively analyze datasets. You should be well-versed in both Excel/Google Sheets, SQL, and business intelligence platforms.
What a Data Analyst means to us…
- Translate the company’s goals into quantitative analyses that yield clearly articulated tactical priorities and easily support business functions.
- Successfully mitigate or overcome the limitations imposed by datasets that are often complicated, incomplete, or messy.
- Support all business lines, including sales, marketing and business development, by enabling those teams to nimbly make data-driven decisions, balancing competing goals, and making difficult trade-offs when required.
- Produce analyses that will be presented directly to our physician partners within our web- or app-based platform.
- Partner effectively with our Lead Data Scientist, Chief Product Officer, and President to build out best-in-class analytics systems to give our physician partners insight into their patient panels.
- Create an analytical ecosystem that allows all of the above analyses to be generated with increasing efficiency.
- Support the technology needs of various departments by creating a data-literate culture.
Who you are…
- 2-5 years of experience in performing results-driven quantitative analysis in a collaborative environment, across multiple domains.
- Have a degree in statistics, applied math, computer science, engineering or a related field; or otherwise demonstrating a long term track record in developing yourself as an analytical thinker
- Experienced building a quantitative architecture to support business needs by unifying messy and inconsistent data sets, performing statistical analyses, and presenting insights in an easily-accessible and timely fashion.
- Thoughtful collaborator with a passion for building analytical systems while knowing the tradeoffs of moving quickly and getting things working vs. going deep and perfecting production and concepts of scalability.
- A good communicator who can simultaneously grapple with hard technical problems and translate the results into non-technical language or easily parsible metrics. Previous experience with design (UX/UI, front-end development, or a design-focused field, e.g., architecture) or demonstrable experience interfacing with designers will augment your candidacy.
- Healthcare or insurance experience, and/or experience working in a startup is preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people’s lives. Our definition of diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. We believe all of our colleagues’ points of view are integral to our success, and that inclusion is everyone’s responsibility and a driver of beautiful and meaningful outcomes.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and are committed to a fair hiring process free from discrimination and focused around problem solving, improvement, and mutual empowerment.
Remote Work and Covid-19
We are a remote-first company, with concentrations of team members at our NYC headquarters and in the Boston area. While the world is in lockdown, we’re all working remotely, but hope to facilitate more in-person time as the Covid situation improves. We expect a large part of our workforce to remain remote after the pandemic ends.
If a resume is submitted to any Pearl Health employee by a third party without a valid written and signed search agreement, it will become the property of Pearl Health and no fee will be paid, irrespective of whether the candidate is hired.
Compensation and Benefits
The expected base pay range for this position is between $80,000 and $110,000 per year. Base pay is one component of Pearl’s total compensation package, which also includes access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, possible equity options, and much more. Please visit our benefits page for more information: https://pearlhealth.com/our-benefits/