HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn’t required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
Cloud Services is an exciting team delivering HashiCorp products as managed services. We work across the company, and with multiple cloud partners, to make using HashiCorp products simple for our customers. We’re a small, but rapidly growing team, making a huge impact.
As part of the Cloud Services organization, you’ll be a key part of a newly formed team tasked with building out our Analytics capabilities. This position plays a key role in data collection, processing, and reporting, analytics projects, and influencing key stakeholders with critical insights.
This is a chance to make a large impact across the team and company, by exposing data on our customers and the runtime information of our tools.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Develop, construct, test, and maintain our Analytics platform.
- Discover opportunities for data acquisition.
- Develop data set processes for data modeling, mining and production.
- Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of large-scale systems.
- Interface directly with internal teams, users, and HashiCorp customers.
- Work with multiple cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Work with HashiCorp products such as Terraform, Consul, Vault, and Nomad.
You may be a good fit if:
- You have built or operated a real time analytics pipeline at scale
- Have experience with tools similar to Segment, Looker, Heap, RedShift, RDS.
- You are familiar with microservice architectures, and ideally, have seen them in operation at a global scale.
- You have prior experience working in high performance distributed systems; while we strive to hire at a variety of experience levels, this particular opening is not well-suited for recent graduates.
- You are able to knowledgeably discuss design and performance tradeoffs in complex systems.
About the Application Process
Please note, as communication is a critical aspect of how we work, a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate. In your cover letter, describe why you’re interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.