Why Housecall Pro?
You’ll get to do work that creates value, with a team that values what you create. We’re a mission-driven company dedicated to changing the lives of service professionals with a leadership team that truly invests in their employees’ careers. We also offer:
- A generous benefits program that supports the whole you with medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401(k)
- Paid holidays and unlimited paid time off
- Equity in a rapidly growing startup backed by top-tier VCs
- Monthly tech reimbursements
- A culture built on innovation that values big ideas, no matter where they come from
As a Senior Data Engineer at Housecall Pro you’ll design, build and grow our data engine. You are passionate about data-driven approaches. You enjoy exploring large data sets and get excited about learning new technologies and learning in a collaborative environment. You are highly skilled in extracting, transforming, and loading data. You are able to translate business requests into database design. You have experience in data warehousing and working with relational databases for the purpose of building data solutions for analytics and data science.
What you’ll be doing
- Data Inclusion: Integrate data from a wide variety of data sources into our data model
- Data Solutions:
- Apply dimensional modeling to design tables and views that map business processes into an enterprise data model.
- Build and maintain scalable data pipelines for both batch and stream processing in a cloud-computing environment.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader
- Data Access:
- Support administration of data warehouse & BI solutions
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
- Build out best practices around measurement, testing, alerting.
- Apply SDLC techniques to the deployment of data systems
- Collaborate with stakeholders on the data demand side (finance, analysts, department leads) and data supply side (domain experts on source systems of the data)
- At least 4 years of experience in SQL & Python
- Knowledge of relevant AWS services such as S3, EMR, Kinesis, DynamoDB, and Lambda (or equivalents from GCP or Azure)
- Familiarity with modern data warehouse platforms such as Redshift, Snowflake, Vertica, or Greenplum (we use Snowflake)
- Familiarity with DAG-oriented workflow tools such as Luigi, Airflow, Prefect
- Solid understanding of data warehouse design and data modeling techniques
- Ability and willingness to learn
- BS in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, or equivalent experience
Founded in 2013, Housecall Pro helps home service professionals thrive by giving them the tools to work simpler and grow smarter across all aspects of their business. Our core SaaS software platform helps Pros with scheduling, dispatching, job management, invoicing, payment processing, marketing, and more. We’ve raised over $50M in venture capital funding to date, and have over 400 ambitious, impact-driven, genuinely fun-loving employees in San Diego, San Francisco, Denver, and all over the world.
Housecall Pro celebrates diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees with equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Housecall Pro is an equal opportunity employer; committed to an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
This role is open to candidates inside and outside of Colorado, but for those hired in Colorado the expected compensation range for this role is $120-130k. The specific salary for the successful candidate will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location. And the salary range for successful candidates outside of Colorado may differ based on location. This role is also eligible to participate in Housecall Pro’s equity plan and the following benefits: health care insurance (medical, dental, vision, disability), employee assistance program, 401(K), flexible time off, paid parental leave, tech reimbursement, and other company benefits. Housecall Pro is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth.