Engineering & Technology
About Wurl, LLC.
Wurl is a global streaming network. Our B2B services provide streamers, content companies, and advertisers with a powerful, integrated network to distribute and monetize streaming television reaching hundreds of million of connected televisions in over 50 countries. In 2022, Wurl was acquired by AppLovin (Nasdaq: APP), an industry-leading mobile marketing ad tech company, bringing together the technology and innovation of the mobile and television industries. With the merger, Wurl employees enjoy the best of both worlds: the dynamic environment of a 160+ person start-up and the stability of a high-growth public tech company.
Wurl is a fully-remote company that has been recognized for a second year in a row as a Great Place to Work. Wurl invests in providing a culture that fosters passion, drives excellence, and encourages collaboration to drive innovation. We hire the world’s best to build a bunch of cool stuff on an interface fully integrated with their own from streaming, advertising and software technology to continue to help us disrupt the way the world watches television.
Our company is seeking a Data Engineer to oversee and manage financial calculations, analysis and reporting. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with the finance team to ensure accurate and timely financial statements and reports. The role requires strong analytical skills, solid knowledge of SQL and expertise in billing practices.
What You’ll Do
- Perform complex financial calculations and analysis using SQL to ensure accurate billing, revenue recognition, and cost of sales accounting
- Develop and maintain financial models to support business decision-making processes
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure that financial data is accurately reported and analyzed
- Identify and recommend process improvements to optimize financial performance and efficiency
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and accounting principles
- Bachelors degree or experience in computer science
- 3+ years experience with billing practices, revenue recognition, and cost of sales accounting
- Strong analytical skills with advanced proficiency in SQL for data analysis and reporting
- Familiarity with financial reporting standards and regulations
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and lead junior staff members
If you are a self-motivated, results-driven individual with a passion for financial analysis and reporting, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
We recognize that not all applicants will not always meet 100% of the qualifications. Wurl is fiercely passionate and contagiously enthusiastic about what we are building and seeking individuals who are equally passion-driven with diverse backgrounds and educations. While we are seeking those who know our industry, there is no perfect candidate and we want to encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all requirements.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Strong Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits, 90% paid by Wurl
- Remote First Policy
- Discretionary Time Off, with minimum at 4 weeks of time off
- 12 US Holidays
- 401(k) Matching
- Pre-Tax Savings Plans, HSA & FSA
- Carrot and Headspace Subscriptions for Family Planning & Mental Wellness
- OneMedical Subscription for 24/7 Convenient Medical Care
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave for All Family Additions
- Discounted PetPlan
- $1,000 Work From Home Stipend to Set Up Your Home Office
Few companies allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, team collaboration and you will have a place to grow your career. You will be proud to say you’re a part of the company revolutionizing TV.
Wurl provides a competitive total compensation package with a pay-for-performance rewards approach. Total compensation at Wurl is based on a number of factors, including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Depending on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical and other benefits.