About Wurl, LLC.
Wurl is a global streaming network. Our B2B services provide streamers, content companies, and advertisers with a powerful, integrated network to distribute and monetize streaming television reaching hundreds of million of connected televisions in over 50 countries. This year Wurl was acquired by AppLovin (Nasdaq: APP), an industry-leading mobile marketing ad tech company, bringing together the technology and innovation of the mobile and television industries. With the merger, Wurl employees enjoy the best of both worlds: the dynamic environment of a 160+ person start-up and the stability of a high-growth public tech company.
Wurl is a fully-remote company that has been recognized for a second year in a row as a Great Place to Work. Wurl invests in providing a culture that fosters passion, drives excellence, and encourages collaboration to drive innovation. We hire the world’s best to build a bunch of cool stuff on an interface fully integrated with their own from streaming, advertising and software technology to continue to help us disrupt the way the world watches television.
Data Engineer (Remote):
Wurl is seeking a data engineer which will contribute to the addition of new features to our data platform. Wurl collects data from a range of OTT video streaming ecosystem components. We digest it, analyze it, and present it. The data engineer reports to the director of data engineering and is interacting with Product, Solution Architects and various other functions across the organization.
- Own and drive highly impactful data services and product initiatives which leverage the rich data that Wurl collects and processes.
- Design, implement and deliver innovative features that scale with Wurl’s media network and beyond.
- Build highly secured, scalable and reliable ETLs that runs 24×7 that is cloud native
- Collaborate with project managers, product managers, solutions architects, other engineering teams and support for productization of new software services and features
- Contribute to enforce SOC2 compliance across the data platform
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or Data Science.
- 3+ years of complete software lifecycle experience.
- Demonstrable fluency with SQL & Python.
- Experience designing and securing all components of the ETL.
- Deep knowledge of AWS cloud services.
- Experience with SOC2 implementation on a large scale product
- Understanding the infrastructure of
- Advertising Infrastructure
You need to be:
- Comfortable working in agile environments. Able to adapt quickly to frequent changes.
- Evangelizing good software development practices and leading from the front.
- A master in database design principles.
- A strong communicator and a leader. Team player, product owner and committed to the results.
- Location: US Remote
A Plus if you have:
- Streaming video delivery experience.
- Advertising infrastructure experience.
- AWS Cloud experience.
- Knowledge of streaming video formats.
- Understanding of ETL processes.
- BI toolset experience highly desired.
We recognize that not all applicants will not always met 100% of the qualifications. Wurl is fiercely passionate and contagiously enthusiastic about what we are building and seeking individuals who are equally passion-driven with diverse backgrounds and educations. While we are seeking those who know our industry, there is no perfect candidate and we want to encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all requirements.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Strong Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits, 90% paid by Wurl
- Remote First Policy
- Discretionary Time Off, with minimum at 4 weeks of time off
- 12 US Holidays
- 401(k) Matching
- Pre-Tax Savings Plans, HSA & FSA
- Carrot and Headspace Subscriptions for Family Planning & Mental Wellness
- OneMedical Subscription for 24/7 Convenient Medical Care
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave for All Family Additions
- Discounted PetPlan
- Easy at Home Access to Covid Testing with EmpowerDX
- $1,000 Work From Home Stipend to Set Up Your Home Office
Few companies allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, team collaboration and you will have a place to grow your career. You will be proud to say you’re a part of the company revolutionizing TV.
Wurl provides a competitive total compensation package with a pay-for-performance rewards approach. Total compensation at Wurl is based on a number of factors, including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Depending on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical and other benefits.