ConsenSys is the leading Ethereum software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and DeFi activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow. To explore our products and solutions, visit http://consensys.net/.
Consensys Software Inc. is a wide organization with each individual business unit facing unique data challenges. For example: Infura needs to provide real time analytics on top of a data pipeline doing billions of events per day. Metamask Swaps needs to provide financial accounting for a purely on chain data source. Truffle needs to track developer engagement across the open source ecosystem.
The DataOrg sits within Consensys Sofware Inc. to help address all our variants of data, break down silos, enable best practices, provide first rate resources, and accelerate our mission of becoming a cutting edge data driven organization.
- Help teams at Consensys Sofware elevate their data stacks by acting as a resource on best practices, best tooling, and best engineering.
- Own data relationships between individual business units (think Infura, Metamask, Truffle, Codefi, etc) and Consensys Sofware at large.
- Help orchestrate the ELT pipelines that break down data silos and drive data availability across the company.
- Internally evangalize and spread the gospel on exciting data platforms like Druid, Streaming Architectures (Kafka/Kinesis), BigQuery, dbt, and Looker. Not super experienced in all of these? No worries, we’ll bring you up to speed!
- Firm understanding of SQL
- Firm understanding of database and data engineering paradigms: row vs columnar, olap vs oltp, streaming vs batch, relational vs non-relational, etl vs elt, datalaking vs warehousing, etc.
- A favorite database (we’ll ask!)
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with LookML (Tableau good too!)
- Experience with BigQuery (Redshift or Snowflake good too!)
- Experience with dbt
Don’t check all of the boxes? Don’t sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you’ve got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we’re ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
Why join ConsenSys?
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. We fundamentally believe blockchain is a next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building the digital economy of tomorrow and radically transforming our society for the better.
- A dynamic startup environment with deep roots. We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
- Deep technical challenges. Blockchain technology is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. We are building the tools, infrastructure and applications l that are pushing the technology forward.
- Continuous learning and improvements. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.
We have a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to make sure we’re looking after you and what matters most.
We believe in ownership and want everyone to have a stake in our future success, that’s why you’ll receive equity when you join us.
Recognized in the blockchain and Web3 ecosystem
Working at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your career. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that extends across the global crypto ecosystem.
Continuous learning & opportunities
We provide ongoing growth and development through on-the-job learning, and the ConsenSys Advance Program which includes full access to Coursera, bespoke and technical learning programs and ConsenSys Academy our world-class blockchain and Ethereum program.
We value downtime to recharge and reset, ensuring everyone at ConsenSys has work/life balance. In addition, company-wide we participate in “zero productivity” days to take a break from work, shut down, and sit back and relax.
Flexible working arrangements
With our global workforce we have fine-tuned asynchronous working which means we have a lot of flexibility in the structure of when we work and how we work together.
You’ll be joining a team based all over the world. Providing the unique opportunity to work with people from across 6 continents.