Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We’re backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we’re all scattered around the world. Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our Positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Data Protection Specialist, joining our Legal & Compliance team.
Remote has a global footprint worldwide and we are reinforcing our Compliance team in the Data Protection area.
As a Data Protection Specialist you will assess and mitigate risks in a constantly changing area such as data protection, adapting our operational processes to changes in data protection laws, providing input and advice to your colleagues on how to handle data and continuously improving our compliance processes
This is a unique opportunity to join a team of a promising player in an emerging field. In this role you will work directly with all the functional areas, ensuring compliance and information of any colleague involved in data processing.
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of the General Data Protection Regulation
- Demonstrable experience in the application and implementation of Privacy by Design and Default, conducting Data Privacy Impact Assessments and independent assessment of data breaches
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ideally a people person skilled at building and maintaining relationships both internally and externally as well as managing key stakeholders
- Ability to work collaboratively with relevant stakeholders to plan, organise and prioritise activities to efficiently meet business objective
- Writes and speaks fluent English
- It’s not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus
- Previous experience in IT security or privacy law would be a plus
- Support Data Protection Officer with their responsibilities
- As Data Protection Specialist you will be working collaboratively with all the other teams to ensure that our legal and regulatory requirements are being followed and effectively improve the processes.
- Review and provide guidance regarding compliance policies.
- Perform assessments (privacy impact, legitimate interests, vendors, etc.) and improve our assessment processes
- Improve the global data protection and compliance team
- Coordinate and schedule required compliance trainings for our colleagues
- Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- The equipment/tools you need to do your job well and comfortable (MacBook Pro, screen, peripherals)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible working hours
- Home office setup
- Health insurance
- Training allowance
- You’ll report to: Data Protection Officer
- Team: Legal
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with Future manager
- Interview with Head of Legal
- (async) Offer
- Reference Check
How to apply
Please fill out the form below. Don’t forget to add your CV (ideally as a PDF) and a cover letter (at most a single page) explaining why do you think there’s a match between this particular role and your profile. Thank you!