WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue builds and maintains a powerful online fundraising platform for Democratic campaigns, progressive organizations, and nonprofits working to create a better future. We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors by making it easier for grassroots supporters to make their voices heard and by helping thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build people-powered movements.
We’re a nonprofit organization, and our team has a big impact on the future of our country. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
The Data and Reporting Department (ODR) members serve as the data experts under the Outreach umbrella of ActBlue. They are responsible for data collection, management, and analysis for the Outreach Team, and ensure the Outreach departments have the information needed to make key business decisions.
While this staff member will report to the Data and Reporting Department, their primary role will be to provide reporting and specific research needs to their assignments. Under the Data and Reporting Team, they will increase their expertise with the most up-to-date techniques and ActBlue tools, as well as use customer relationship management skills to house, analyze, and track progress to goals and relationships. This work combines internal-facing reporting to inform on goals and decisions and provides external support to entities using the ActBlue platform.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Collaborate with Outreach departments to facilitate, create, and manage large-scale, external reporting for ActBlue entities.
- Optimize Outreach reporting structures using automation.
- Serve as a mentor to ODR staff and document and implement industry standard best practices and procedures.
- Collaborate with ODR staff regarding the development and leveraging of Outreach data infrastructure.
- Work interdepartmentally with staff to document data challenges and collaborate on improvements.
- Collaborate with other ActBlue departments to document data standards and guidelines.
- Support department director and other members of Outreach leadership by providing reporting and insights for ongoing projects and progress to goal tracking.
- Train and provide support to various Outreach departments on pertinent reporting tools.
- Serve as an advocate and feedback loop to Data and Reporting on behalf of account management teams.
- Work outside of regular business hours (i.e., 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) as required.
- Travel as required.
- Complete other projects as needed.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Two to four years working as a data analyst, or in a similar data-driven role.
- Experience working in political, issue-oriented, or nonprofit environments preferred.
- Strong SQL and Excel/Google Sheets skills and the ability to learn other analytic tools.
- Familiarity with either R or Python, with an emphasis on data visualization and data automation.
- Familiarity with ETL workflows.
- Familiarity with BI tools, such as Looker or Tableau preferred.
- Self-starter mentality: capable of working independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Clear written and verbal communications skills, with experience in technical writing (including reports and presentations) preferred.
- Strong project management capabilities.
- Ability to multi-task various projects at one time.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. ActBlue is currently authorized to support remote work employees in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
Salary Range: $80,000 – $92,000, depending on experience
The terms and conditions of this position are subject to a collective bargaining agreement with the Campaign Workers Guild, the exclusive bargaining agent of covered ActBlue employees.
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
- Automatic 2% 401K contribution, plus up to 6% match
- Three months paid parental leave for all new parents, adoptions included; 4 weeks of a fully paid flexible work schedule; plus an additional one week of paid leave and an additional one week of flexible work schedule for every full year the employee has worked for ActBlue
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees
- Additional perks including quarterly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.