Primer is looking for talented college and graduate students with a passion for problem solving, research, and building tools that tackle the hardest challenges. We want people to help us expand what we believe to be possible. Join us to leverage cutting edge algorithms at massive scales as we seek to change the world. At Primer, you’ll grow your technical expertise while helping some of the world’s largest companies and most elite national security organizations solve some of their toughest problems.
What You’ll Do
- Work with large, complex, constantly changing data sets.
- Develop strong skills in data exploration, cleaning, modeling, programming, and visualization.
- Develop, train, and deploy Production models from the start of task definition to implementation.
- Collaborate with research, engineering, and sales teams.
- Imagine, plan, and create your own NLP research project.
- Currently has or is in the process of obtaining their BA/BS, Master’s, or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or other quantitative field.
- Willingness to learn new techniques.
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience in PyTorch, Pandas, ElasticSearch, Postgres, or Transformer based NLP models is a plus.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When and how long is the internship?
- Internships will last between 10 and 14 weeks from May-September. Applications for out of cycle internships will also be considered.
- Where will the internship be?
- Primer Offices are located in San Francisco and Washington, DC. Interns will have the option to work remotely.
- When are applications due?
- Applications will be accepted and evaluated on a rolling basis.
- What is the overall interview process?
- The process starts with initial resume and transcript screening. Primer will then reach out directly with qualified applications to schedule virtual interviews.
- Is the internship paid?