We’re looking for an exceptional Data Science leader to join our rapidly growing team as a core member of this new kind of company. This is a unique opportunity to join a small 40+ person well-oiled machine that has garnered significant traction and is poised to change the landscape of a centuries-old industry.
This role reports to the CTO and manages the data science organization for Good Money. Your mission will be to apply your impressive data science experience and management skills towards sound decision-making at all levels of the company. You will constantly develop theories and hypothesis in conjunction with marketing, product, finance, operations, customer care teams to uncover new opportunities for Good Money. You will develop data models, metrics, analytical frameworks and roadmaps for the team and broader organization required to fulfill both short-term and long-term requirements. Furthermore, you’ll work closely with the Scrum Master and Product Owners to translate data science and analytical tasks into product roadmaps. You’ll deliberately use data to inform your intuition and formulate strategic bets that others can support. You’ll also maintain relationships with external technology providers.
As a strong manager, you’ll ensure tactical execution of the team, follow through on commitments, and balance teamwork between tactical and cross-cutting strategic projects. By sharing digestible context to employees, you’ll empower them to make better decisions while guarding their time. You’ll be dedicated as a coach and mentor to each member on your team, committing to regular growth and feedback conversations.
This role is not for the meek. You will be trusted, and expected, to own each project you undertake, executing quickly at a high level from concept to product and then continuously iterating to uncover opportunities for improvement. You’ll roll up your sleeves alongside team members to dedicate the effort and energy to produce top scale work in service of our mission and purpose.
Working closely with others on our incredible movement, design and engineering teams, you’ll have an opportunity to collaborate with some of the best in their fields — all who are incredibly dedicated to producing the best work of their careers and encouragingly pushing each other to do the same.
And you’ll always be open to taking calculated risks and big swings, supported by a team in both success and failure.
Who You Are: A/n….
- Exceptional Manager. You have 5+ years of proven management experience delivering excellent D2C products. You hold yourself, as well as your team, to incredibly high standards.
- Bonus: You specifically have worked within a fintech, app-focused company, startup, or agency.
- Technical Contributor. You have 6+ years of hands-on technical experience in a data science role or equivalent
- Stellar Emotional Intelligence. You’ve proven successful and effective in hiring and developing high-performance distributed team of data scientists, data engineers and data analysts.
- Systematic Thinker. You have a track record of guiding the team through unstructured technical problems to deliver business impact.
- Platforms + Framework Expert. You have experience working with AWS cloud, GIT, JIRA. You either have direct experience OR are open to turnkey data platforms such as SnowFlake, Segment, Amplitude, Mode Analytics, Domo, FullStory, Optimizely/Split.io, etc.
- Action-Oriented Self Motivator. You have a bias toward action and have a proven track record of going above and beyond — because you’re personally driven.
- Relentless Problem Solver. You’re known for being industrious. You have unfound limitless energy to creatively and independently find solutions to big and important challenges.
- Excellent Communicator. You earn trust quickly and have strong interpersonal skills, which enables you to communicate well and clearly across teams. You effectively promote your ideas while simultaneously stay humble when you may be wrong.
- Experienced Remote Collaborator. This isn’t your first rodeo. You thrive working remotely and can effectively motivate and solve hard challenges on your own. You also have a strong ability to earn trust quickly and build strong relationships amongst team members.
- Adaptable and Optimistic. You’ve worked in a fast-paced environment and graciously navigate ambiguity. You don’t let hiccups upset you. You know things can change quickly and are always looking on the bright side.
- 100% Mission-Aligned. You’re known for your humility, empathy, and integrity. You’re committed to creating a positive impact and are eager to use your expertise for a mission you believe in.
- Bonus: An advanced degree in a quantitative field, such as statistics, mathematics, computer science or engineering, highly preferred
Here’s What You Can Expect: You’ll…
- Gain immense pride in not only the quality of your work but also the direct impact your work will have on millions of users.
- Join an incredibly talented team all are dedicated to best practices across org development and leadership — helping us achieve our goals together.
- Further develop your ability to thrive in a small, rapidly-growing, and fast-paced environment.
- Hone your craft, strengthening your management and technical abilities.
- Be mentored by other exceptional leaders who are eager for your perspective and excited to invest in your personal and professional growth.
- Work with a great amount of autonomy on an enthusiastic, multidisciplinary team of people with diverse backgrounds.
- Receive a competitive salary and premium benefits package, incredibly generous time off, paternal leave, off-sites with the team, and the option to work from several locations — or where you desire.