Spare is looking for a Data Scientist to join the growing Data Science team!
If you love numbers, and you love making a change, this could well be the job for you.
Think of the Data Science team as a ‘startup within a startup’: it questions assumptions, explores alternative solutions, and keeps Spare on the cutting edge.
You’ll be working with a talented and motivated team that puts mobility data to good use, making a positive impact on lives across the globe.
Location: this person can be based anywhere on the east side of Canada
✨What you’ll do ✨
– Insightful analytics: Delve into Spare’s huge databases to improve our operations, and those of our customers.
– Predictive modelling: Build and deploy cutting-edge models to optimize customer experiences, boost revenue generation and inform strategic business decisions.
– Product development:
Work closely with product and engineering teams, such as the Spare Realize
and Spare Analyze
teams, to integrate data more effectively in their products, and to create a delightful user experience.
– Professional services: Work closely with Spare’s Growth team to deliver high quality consultancy-style reports advising customers on how to design optimal transportation services.
– Planning and simulations: Work closely with Spare’s Partner Success team to run transportation simulations using our in-house transit planning tools.
– Communication: Present your research and analysis internally and externally, to help your colleagues and customers to identify opportunities for growth or improvement.
– Exploration: Research and discover new methods to acquire meaningful data, and new applications for existing data.
– Innovation: Change the world of transportation, one day at a time!
✨You’re right for this role because you…✨
– Have proven experience in data science – interpret that how you will!
– Have experience using different languages (R, Python, SQL) to manipulate large amounts of data and draw valuable insights. You can also identify what ‘valuable’ means to different groups of people.
– Have some technical expertise regarding data models and/or database design development.
– Have a Bachelor’s degree (at least) where you used maths/statistics as a key part of your work.
– Can compellingly visualize and communicate your insights to a variety of stakeholders, from colleagues to customers to CEOs.
– Have a solution-seeking attitude, and a critical eye for detail.
– Love learning, and helping others to learn too.
– Thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative work environment with a flat organizational structure.
– Are interested in helping us create value for communities through our products, and want to make a global impact.
✨What we’re doing @ Spare ✨
Spare is a SaaS platform that enables anyone to launch a smart transportation service. Our mission is to empower cities to transform how their communities move with accessible, sustainable transportation networks, starting with on-demand transit!
We believe in creating a space for everyone to share their ideas, empowering creativity and continuous learning. We’re still at the beginning of our story, and every team member has a key role in shaping the upcoming chapters and Spare’s direction. You will be able to influence your career progression and generate a lasting impact by making headway on the cause for shared mobility.
Not a mobility geek? Take a moment to think about why you chose to live where you do, how easy it is for you to move around, and what makes a city livable. Mobility is paramount in every aspect of our lives, but not everyone has equal and easy access to public transit. Let’s change it together!
✨About Our Team ✨
We strive to build a diverse company full of inclusive, fun, hard-working people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. We look for the kind of people who are dedicated to going above and beyond and will build up the team as a whole by helping each team member achieve their own individual goals.
Spare is for the creative, the personal, the passionate, the uncompromising, and those who want to truly understand the impact transportation has on daily life. We’re still at the beginning of our story, and every team member has a key role in where we are headed.
✨What we offer ✨
A passionate, dedicated team, focused on innovation and building a world-class platform.
The opportunity to make an impact on communities around the world. Add an aspect of social good into your day!
We offer competitive salaries, equity, and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and paramedical coverage, as well as an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family (equivalent to 12 hours of counselling annually, as well as financial and caregiver support).
Health, wellness and education support through our $500 Lifestyle Spending policy. Take a course or buy a kayak – it’s on us!
Completely remote-optional work environment and beautiful downtown Vancouver office space if/when you prefer to be in the office.
An inclusive environment, where we focus every day on our people and the people in communities around us.
Spare Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.