GitHub is looking for analyst experienced in ensuring the security and privacy of corporate and personal data processed by external vendors throughout the entire lifecycle of the vendor relationship with GitHub. This person would be expected to wear multiple hats on the GitHub Procurement team and can make an immediate impact by building strong relationships across all of GitHub’s business units. This position will report directly to the Senior Manager Procurement & Strategic Sourcing at GitHub.
- Educate business partners across all business units at GitHub about the current Supplier Security and Privacy Assurance program (SSPA)
- Work with the business partners and vendors on the vendor’s status in the program and clearly explain what is needed to become compliant as quickly as possible
- Act as a “gatekeeper” for Procurement intake to help business partners identify as soon as possible if their vendor is in scope for SSPA
- Determine and document estimated time to completion for the various SSPA scenarios to give transparency to GitHub business partners
- Develop relationships within Microsoft to push for reviews and status updates when critical and to keep apprised of changes to the program
- Review and maintain online documentation on the program for GitHub business partners
- Continually advise and evangelize to business partners on SSPA best practices
- Willingness to learn details of other GitHub Procurement roles and assist when the needs arrive and workload allows
- 3-5 years of experience working with corporate data privacy and security programs.
- Exceptional relationship building skills that include experience working with senior management and vendors.
- Motivated problem solver and strategic thinker, along with strong data and analytical skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with Microsoft’s Supplier Security and Privacy Assurance program either with Microsoft or from the vendor’s side
- Bachelor’s Degree from 4 year accredited University
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed – Trust by Default – Ship to Learn – Own the Outcome – Growth Mindset – Global Product, Global Team – Anything is Possible – Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We’ve designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We’ve designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we’ve built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.