THERE’S A LOT TO SMILE ABOUT
The Smile CDR platform enables people and organizations to manage healthcare data better. It’s built around a standard made by HL7 called FHIR, which acts as a new universal language for healthcare data. Different information technology systems can communicate by speaking the same data language. Consider a career with us today.
Smile CDR is a strong brand with established trust and reputation in global healthcare technology markets. This newly created role will help enable interoperability of the organization’s health systems using a standards-based product that leverages the most proven FHIR implementation globally.
BE PART OF THE TEAM WORKING TOWARDS #BETTERGLOBALHEALTH
As a Database Administrator, you will be responsible for the quality maintenance and performance of datastores across the organization.
- Perform Database capacity planning, installation, configuration, database design, migration, performance monitoring, security, troubleshooting, backup and data recovery operations.
- Act as a subject matter expert for data management and interact with internal and external teams to troubleshoot and provide best practices regarding the database implementation and maintenance with our core product.
- Contributes and assists with efforts/ projects in deploying, maintaining, and supporting data systems for internal and external projects.
- Write and tune SQL queries and review schema designs.
- Implement and maintain DBMS and data maintenance pipelines/ processes to optimize data operations.
- Plan and execute data migration plans for complex systems with large datasets.
- Proactively and regularly make recommendations for data system improvements.
- Collect, collate and present metrics on data systems to be used by internal and external parties.
- Engage with multiple teams across the business, including but not limited to the Core Development team, Managed Services team, partners and customers.
- Completed post-secondary degree in computer science or a related field combined with 5+ years of experience in database administration, information technology, database architecture, or a related field.
- Extensive experience with Relational and Non-Relational database technologies (Oracle, MS SQL, PostgreSQL and MongoDB)
- Strong command of SQL and database server tools.
- Master in database tuner can interpret and explain plans in multiple servers and understand the query optimizations required to improve them.
- Advanced knowledge of database security and performance monitoring standards
- Understanding of relational modelling and strong mathematical and statistical knowledge.
- Experience with a few programming languages and the ability to troubleshoot connection strings and pools.
- 1+ years of experience with a Cloud Database Service (e.g. AWS RDS, Azure PostgreSQL).
- 2+ years experience with PostgreSQL maintenance tasks (Backup and Restore. Multi-region replication etc.)
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, Microsoft Azure, OCI) and queuing services (Kafka, Eventhubs, ActiveMQ).
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and detail-oriented.
Nice to Have:
- Working experience with Datalakes or BigData technologies.
- Experience with Data Warehousing technologies such as Snowflake or Redshift.
Smile CDR’s core values are respecting, embracing our differences, and celebrating our shared values. Our people are the foundation of our success, and we remain dedicated to building diverse and inclusive teams. We welcome and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Please let us know if you require accommodations or have questions during the application process.