Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. As an Etsy employee, you’ll tackle unique problems alongside talented coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human. We’re large enough that you’ll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.
Are you passionate about customer engagement? Do you love diving into data and insights to develop creative ways to acquire and retain customers?
We are looking for a person who is innovative, analytically-minded, and a strong communicator. This analyst will bring customer-centric insights to life by using internal and external data sources to understand behavioral patterns, build customer segmentations, and inform marketing strategy. By working closely with cross-functional partners in Marketing, Product, and other teams, you will enable your teammates to develop valuable programs to turn one-time users into loyal customers, increase purchase frequency, and delight Etsy buyers around the world. You will be joining the high-performance Database Marketing team, a new, innovative function within Marketing intersecting data science, growth marketing, and technology.
This is a full-time position, based in Brooklyn, New York, reporting to the Senior Manager of Database Marketing.
We offer flexible workplace policies that can accommodate work from home candidates who are comfortable traveling to an office location 2-3 times per week. We’re also open to remote hires within all U.S. states except Hawaii and Alaska. Candidates will be expected to work ET hours.
For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this link for information related to Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
About the Role:
- Help evolve and continually optimize customer segmentation plans and targeting strategies to drive and optimize growth across all channels with a focus on international markets (specifically UK & DE)
- Drive Marketing automation, e.g. audience creation, reporting processes, model deployment
- Work with partners on weekly and monthly experiment plans and make recommendations to increase engagement across key segments and channels
- Uncover user behaviors, patterns, and long-term trends within data and work cross-functionally to determine next steps
- Enrich customer data and develop user scores and propensity models in support of relevant targeting and messaging
- 1-3 years minimum of quantitative work experience with large customer databases
- BA or BS Degree (In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant work experience); an advanced degree in a quantitative field or equivalent work experience preferred
- No stranger to translating business challenges into data analytics problems
- Expert-level SQL
- Intermediate programming experience with a scripting language (Python preferred)
- Exposure to one or more languages for statistical programming (e.g. pandas, R)
- Exposure to workflow automation tools and concepts (e.g. cron jobs, Airflow, etc.)
- Proven track record managing multiple projects and timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Aptitude for influencing decisions using analytics at a fast-growing firm, a leading consultancy, a financial services company, or similar
- Comfortable working with stakeholders and collaborators virtually across different time zones, markets, and geographies
- Knowledge of data visualization tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau) a plus
- Familiarity with using APIs for data extraction purposes a plus
- Direct experience working with e-commerce platforms in European markets is a plus
- Demonstrated experience in predictive modeling, statistical analysis and experimental design a plus
If you’re interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover letter and resume telling us why you’d be right for the position. As you’ve hopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else — we want you to be like you! So write to us and tell us what you’re all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.