Reports to: Director of Engineering
Location: Remote, US and Canada
Compensation Range: USD $170,000 – $210,000 base plus bonus and equity
What We Do:
Founded in 2015 by former NSA cyber operators, Huntress was built on a simple premise: to force hackers to earn every inch of their access.
Today’s cyber-attacks aren’t limited to large organizations with the security tools that can ward off threats. Hackers don’t discriminate and will find a way to penetrate any vulnerability in any size business. Huntress enables IT providers and resellers to stop hidden threats that sneak past preventive security tools.
Through a combination of expert human threat hunters, a comprehensive platform, and a desire to make the world a safer place, we’re working to deliver cybersecurity to the 99%—those small to midsize businesses that make up the backbone of our economy.
Join the hunt and help us stop hackers in their tracks!
What You’ll Do
- Automate setup, scaling and maintenance of Huntress’ distributed back-end database using an infrastructure as code mindset
- Tune database settings to optimize performance for Huntress’ use cases
- Monitor the performance of the database and slow queries, and help the development team optimize queries and data models for best performance
- Analyze additional database use cases, suggest the best database for each use case, and set up and manage any database selected for use by Huntress
- Manage and maintain database backups
- Lead our DB efforts as an Architect level engineer
The Huntress team is looking for an experienced, innovative, and highly motivated Database Reliability Engineer. This engineer will be responsible for automating setup, scaling and maintenance of Huntress’ backend relational database. This engineer will also be responsible for working with development teams and engineers to help optimize query performance both through tuning queries and tuning the database itself. Huntress’ databases are a critical part of our service, and the person in this position will be a key part of Huntress’ success as a company.
The Huntress Security Platform consists of the Huntress AWS Portal and over 1 Million endpoint agents that serve the MSP/MSSP and Reseller markets. You will focus on building and coaching an expert team of engineers. You’ll be working with a smart and diverse team of problem solvers who exhibit high energy, deep technical skills and a drive to get things done.
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- 5 years of experience with AWS, Linux, relational, and NoSQL databases
- 5 years of experience setting up, managing, tuning and maintaining Postgres
- 3 years of experience automating setup and maintenance of databases with an infrastructure as code mindset (Terraform, Ansible)
- Strong communication skills and an ability to work with development engineers and use performance metrics to tune their queries and data models for best performance
- Strong problem solving skills
- 2+ years experience with Python or Go
- Experience setting up, managing, tuning, and maintaining CitusDB is a plus but not necessary
What We Offer:
- 100% remote work environment – since our founding in 2015
- Generous paid time off policy including vacation, sick time, and paid holidays
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Highly competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits plans
- 401(k) with 5% contribution regardless of employee contribution
- Life and Disability insurance plans
- Stock options for all full-time employees
- One-time $500 stipend to build/upgrade home office
- Annual allowance for education and professional development assistance
- $75 USD/month digital reimbursement
Huntress is committed to creating a culture of inclusivity where every single member of our team is valued, has a voice, and is empowered to show up to work every day as their full self.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We do discriminate against hackers who try to exploit small businesses.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Please note non-accommodation requests to this inbox will not receive a response.