As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience’s daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street, and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
Vox Media is looking for a Deal Management, Senior Contracts Manager to help maintain a tight control environment, uphold the financial integrity of the Company and continuously improve our processes. The Senior Contracts Manager will play an integral role in the review, preparation and negotiation of contractual arrangements and assisting relevant stakeholders. This role requires a high level of autonomy and judgment and will routinely handle difficult and complex assignments. This position reports to the Senior Revenue Accounting Manager, and will require travel to the Company’s Washington, DC office 1-2 times per quarter (if the candidate is not DC based) and to the Company’s New York, NY office 1-2 times per year.
What you’ll do:
- Supervise, train and mentor contract processing specialists, other employees and/or contractors performing related duties, including building out a deal management team.
- Effectively prioritize team workloads to meet strict deadlines.
- Ensure in-depth review of insertion orders and related documents is conducted so that all contractual terms and conditions comply with standard or approved business practices, corporate legal, finance and risk management requirements.
- Ensure quality control review of executed insertion orders flow to the various stakeholders, including billing entity, payment terms, billing and reporting requirements.
- Ensure all data for a successful Order to Cash Process is logged in needed systems.
- Analyze legal document proposals and requested template modifications and provide recommendations to key stakeholders to minimize risk to the company and facilitate satisfaction of client objectives.
- Help resolve discrepancies and serve as a point of contact as complex issues arise.
- Maintain an awareness of current business, legal and finance requirements influencing contract development and administration in the digital media industry.
- Work closely with key cross-functional stakeholders to create and implement process improvements.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of existing policies, processes and systems with focus on standardizing and implementing best practices.
- Evaluate existing systems and processes to reduce complexity and increase process efficiency and cycle time.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (Accounting/Finance/Legal).
- 5-8 years of relevant contract review experience, in which at least five years must be directly related to the digital media industry.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge of legal, media and finance terminology.
- Experience with pre-sale, post-sale and operations; experience in a high-volume transaction environment.
Bonus Points for:
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), Salesforce, FinancialForce, Database Management and Contract Management tools.
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You’ll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that’s challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.