At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
We are currently seeking a Deliverability Strategist based out of our Boston office (remote would be considered with appropriate experience) to provide world-class service by working directly with our top tier customers to provide your expertise and consultative services, reporting, best practices and recommendations to provide them with a white glove onboarding experience. You will be integral in improving their email programs and getting the most out of their Klaviyo experience. You will be a part of our senior customer-facing deliverability team. As the subject matter expert, you will be a close partner with our Customer Success, Support, Sales, and Onboarding Teams to develop and iterate on strategies that improve both our customers and our teams.
This role is one of the most exciting positions at Klaviyo. As a highly valued role, Deliverability Strategists get a lot of attention and focus from the rest of the company because they serve as the subject matter expert in Klaviyo customer’s email performance. At Klaviyo, we know how important the customer perspective is and Deliverability ensures the needs of the customer are fully met by providing successful strategies that improve ROI and brand recognition. We pride ourselves on customer retention and our philosophy at Klaviyo is to treat our customers as partners. Deliverability is in charge of ensuring the success of our customers by providing them with best practice solutions for any and all upcoming issues. Also supporting internal teams to be able to solve common problems by providing them with common solutions.
How You’ll Make a Difference
- Provide consultative email deliverability strategies to our customers as needed.
- Conduct in-depth investigations, reviews, and audits into email sending practices.
- Assist customers with blocklists, spam traps, and issues with mailbox providers.
- Monitor delivery metrics and create strategic plans to improve their outcomes.
- Provide in-depth analysis of performance quality measurements, to ensure customer programs are continuously improving and adhering to best practices.
- Provide feedback to assist in improving tools and services offered by the deliverability team.
- Work with Klaviyo teams and new customers so that they understand the value and need for ongoing deliverability expertise.
- Work closely with stakeholders to drive best practices in email design, personalization, campaign segmentation, and responsive messaging.
- Take an active role in thought leadership through writing blogs, articles, and white papers.
- Represent Klaviyo in the deliverability community by participating in conferences, forums and mail lists.
Who You Are
- 2-3 years of work experience in an analytic, data-driven email deliverability role
- Experience in a customer-facing role, preferably at an ESP serving multiple medium to large senders
- Have customer-facing skills and presentation skills
- Be able to run reports on email deliverability, as well as analyze them and make recommendations based on that analysis
- Experience with third-party testing and analysis tools, like Seedlist tools, design tools, Postmaster Tools, etc.
- Working knowledge of common, email-related DNS record types and their functions
- Familiarity with bounce handling and categorization
- Have great knowledge and standing within the email deliverability community, including industry groups like M3AAWG
- An understanding of the foundations of email, including FBL, DNS, SPF, DMARC, BIMI, and other core infrastructure
- Knowledge of email regulations e.g. CAN-SPAM, GDPR, and other local variations
- Have some flexibility to travel occasionally to meetings, and to participate in person at email industry events
- Experience with SMS/MMS technologies is a plus
- Technical Writing/Blogging and Training Experience
- Has experience working with software / web development is a bonus
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT-related field or comparable industry experience preferred
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company’s hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Requests can be submitted here. Additional information regarding benefits can be found here.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.