The Democratic Data Exchange (DDx) is looking for experienced engineers to support the development of our data exchange platform that expands the Democratic and progressive data ecosystem by facilitating the real time, blind exchange of proprietary data with organizations, parties, committees, and campaigns.
As part of the engineering team, you’ll have the opportunity to work on a fresh and wide-ranging codebase, and directly contribute to the culture and success of DDx! The Exchange, our suite of software platforms and tools, requires engineers to build out significant portions of our data pipeline using industry standard tools and languages as well as handle deployment and operation of the Exchange in the cloud.
At DDx, we believe:
- Empathy is the most important part of being a good engineer
- Inclusivity builds stronger, more supportive teams
- Thoughtfulness is good for engineering and good for teamwork
- Mentorship is something everyone should be involved in
- A bias towards action is better than delaying for a perfect solution
- Making mistakes is inevitable on the path to becoming a great engineer
Founded in 2019, the Democratic Data Exchange (DDx) is a for-profit company that facilitates a real-time, blind exchange of proprietary voter data between progressively aligned organizations, parties, committees, and campaigns.
DDx’s goal is to create a long-term, sustainable infrastructure that helps campaigns and organizations gain access to the breadth and depth of voter contact program data that is being generated and collected every cycle — empowering members to make more informed decisions.
DDx is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace — we’re proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer.
As a mid to senior DDx engineer, you should:
- Have professional experience in software engineering writing production-ready code
- Act autonomously but thrive in a strong team environment
- Have led development on critical system features
- Be able to work with, clarify and find creative solutions for ambiguous requirements
- Have designed and built performant data orchestration pipelines and ETL applications
- Have managed infrastructure and deployments in cloud environments
- Be knowledgeable about continuous integration and continuous delivery methods
- Write test suites, integration tests and unit tests for your code
- Be experienced working with data warehouses, lakes or analytics focused databases
- Prefer open source solutions over commercial solutions
At DDx, we use things like:
- Snowflake Data Cloud
- Apache Spark, Apache Airflow
- Terraform, Jenkins
- AWS – Lambda, IAM, KMS, SQS, SNS and more
- Google Cloud Platform – BigQuery, Composer and more
- OIDC (Okta)
We don’t expect every applicant to know or have worked with every technology we’ve listed, or have worked with everything we’ll be working on at DDx, so we urge you to apply if you’re interested and some of the above applies to you! We are hiring for the people over the position above all else.
Remote position; anywhere in the US.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds occasionally
DDx is a remote-first organization, so we provide both equipment and coworking space reimbursement. DDx offers a competitive compensation salary and benefits package, including:
- 100% company-paid healthcare, vision & dental insurance for employees
- Matching 401K contributions up to 3%
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- Generous holiday schedule
- 12 weeks of paid leave for new parents
- Monthly team wellness days off
- Work from home
The salary range for this position is $125,000 to $150,000.
Please apply using this link: https://ddx.recruitee.com/o/software-engineer-mid-to-senior