SailPoint is seeking a Deployment Engineer to join the SailPoint Cloud Services team. This is a unique and challenging client-facing role in which the successful applicant will be a technical resource of a team that deploys and manages cloud-hosted IdentityIQ installations. The role requires deep understanding and experience with a number of software and cloud environment configurations that relate to both the system administration and software engineering disciplines. The ideal candidate must be self-directed and a fast learner: flexible enough to work on modern technologies or legacy components. Prior experience with SailPoint or other identity governance products, while preferred, is not required.
- Interpret and review Java code and XML objects
- Act as a technical advisor for clients, partners and our internal teams
- Lead architecture and deployment initiatives to meet customer requirements
- Create toolkits and documentation to improve deployment processes and enable consumers of the service
- Continually improve knowledge of cloud platforms, software engineering concepts, and provisioning / IaC tools.
- Maintain and apply a working knowledge of key compliance objectives such as: ISO 270001, SOC2, FedRAMP, etc.
- Work independently or with others to accomplish directives
- Work closely with customer’s technical teams to resolve issues related to complex infrastructure challenges
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Computer Science or related discipline and 3+ years of relevant work experience (or graduate degree and 2+ years of work experience), preferred.
- In-depth understanding of an object-oriented programming language and application framework such as: Java (e.g. JSP/Spring), C# (e.g. ASP.NET), Python (e.g. Django). Ability to debug Java code and XML objects is preferred.
- Experience with the Linux command line.
- Source Code Management familiarity: GitHub, Subversion,Git, Mercurial.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to conceptualize and document systems for non-technical audiences.
- Working knowledge of network infrastructure components (load balancers, switches, routers, firewalls, SSO, DNS, etc.), especially as they relate to cloud platforms.
- Experience crafting SQL statements for one or more database platforms (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, or Microsoft SQL Server) and understanding of relational database systems concepts.
- Mastery-level understanding of multi-layer web application architecture components and concepts (MVC, ORM, HTTP, REST, HTML, J2EE, etc.).
- Knowledge of operating systems, virtual machines, monitoring / observability.
Due to the nature of this role’s responsibilities, U.S. citizenship living on U.S. soil is a requirement.
- IAM experience with SailPoint IdentityIQ or IdentityNow
- Experience deploying software for US Government customers
- Experience with some form of identity management / governance product
SailPoint is Headquartered in Austin, TX but this role is available for remote work within the US as well.
SailPoint is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome everyone to our team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.