Clay is carefully designed to help you be more thoughtful with people.
Almost everyone intuitively understands the importance (and positive impact) of thoughtfulness towards others—in fact, you’ve probably benefited from someone else’s thoughtfulness recently! However, it’s difficult, effort intensive, and time consuming to be conscientious all the time. We wanted a more streamlined and sustainable approach for thoughtfully keeping in touch with our ever-growing network. And after searching and searching for something better, we built it ourselves.
We believe that Clay is the most stunning, powerful, and beautiful way to remember who you’ve met—and what matters to them. We’re grateful that our mission has resonated with a passionate user base and prominent investors like General Catalyst and Forerunner Ventures, and we are eager to carry it forward. We’d be honored to have you join us.
Clay is a beautiful and private home for all the people and relationships in your life.
After you link your accounts (email, calendar, LinkedIn, Twitter, iMessage, and more), Clay automatically builds a collection of everyone you know, creating a beautiful profile for each relationship. Clay populates photos, bios, education and work history, location, and social profiles automatically from available data, and keeps them updated over time.
Clay then helps you deepen your relationships by allowing you to find anyone with powerfully simple search, take notes from your latest conversation, set reminders for specific dates, see when a contact changes their LinkedIn or Twitter bio, be notified when a contact is mentioned in the news, and much more.
You will work with our lead designers on the design of our product and marketing presence, leaning in to contribute your expertise and also develop new skills. Our product is the embodiment of our ideology of the importance of human relationships, and it is our best effort at building a tool that can advance our mission to make people more thoughtful in their relationships. We believe we have built something special, and we are committed to continuing to improve it. We are a design driven company, and we are looking for someone is eager to help shape the early design philosophy of Clay while expanding their abilities. You’ll work closely with the co-founders, a stellar team of passionate, experienced engineers, and designers to iterate upon and improve our product based on product feedback.
- Experience designing interactive products for a diverse set of users
- Portfolio of smart, sleek, and beautiful UI and visual designs
- Interested in understanding UX problems and designing efficient UX solutions
- Proven sharp eye for design that resonates across a large and diverse user base
- Ability to mockup and prototype your ideas
- Proficient in design systems and technical tools
- Thoughtful problem solver- you are able to weigh tradeoffs between different design decisions
- Keen eye for design- you are excited by translating beautiful design into working features on a website
Nice to Haves:
- Experience designing/working on productivity tools
- Experience designing for a startup or rapidly growing small company
What We Offer:
- We’re a small, yet growing, team that moves fast and ships new products continuously, and you have a huge opportunity to shape Clay (ha!) from systems architecture to how we celebrate team wins. Our culture is defined but it’s not definitive, and we’re looking for smart, hardworking and passionate people to be culture adds at Clay. We offer team building activities on Fridays, and (when safe to travel) all-inclusive team offsites.
- You have the opportunity to work with a team of best-in-class engineers who know how to run across their stack and architect beautiful products
- We champion individual ownership, self-starters, and personal growth on and off the job. We’re a tight knit team that celebrates each other’s wins and improves one another through the losses