Location: Distributed – Canada
We believe in having a transparent hiring process to provide a fair and inclusive experience to all our candidates.
Our team is dedicated to ensuring you have a great candidate experience, and that starts with outlining our hiring process from start to finish so you know what to expect every step of the way (no surprises!)—click here to learn more!
Are you a passionate Design Manager who can lead and inspire others? Do you have experience coaching and mentoring designers and feel motivated by their growth? Can you use your wealth of experience to provide feedback, make data driven decisions, and help bring the customer to the heart of everything that we do? If you’re looking for a big challenge that holds big opportunities — you’ll find that at Thinkific!
As a Design Manager at Thinkific, you will help coach, inspire, and grow a team of Designers. You will act as a leader within the Experience Design & Research (XDR) team by fostering and establishing processes and advocating for the customer and experience design principles when collaborating with other teams. As a leader, you thrive on helping teams translate strategy into measurable outcomes. You’ll use your strong design background to provide constructive feedback and help designers prioritize and problem solve. In this new role, you’ll be in an exciting position to contribute to company strategy, product development, and career growth of the XDR team.
In this role, you will:
- Lead, inspire, develop, and grow a team of designers, distilling strategy into measurable outcomes
- Work collaboratively with the Director of XDR to unpack strategy, explore improvements to processes and track career growth for the designers
- Act as a mentor and coach and have an ability to provide constructive feedback to designers
- Contribute to overall company strategy and advocate for the XDR team’s role
- Play an active role in all aspects of product development from ideation to post-launch evaluation
- Foster and establish design principles, processes, and standards to ensure we’re building a best-in-class product
- Collaborate with other departments to help unblock people and find alignment
- Foster an environment that balances high performance with happiness and health
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit in solving problems and overcoming obstacles while successfully coping with and being energized by ambiguity
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have 5+ years of experience in a digital design role, preferably in a SaaS environment
- Have a passion for managing a design team
- Be customer-obsessed, with a proven history of making data-driven decisions to prioritize and ship products successfully in a high-paced environment
- Share a strong portfolio of design work that clearly demonstrates skills, craft, thinking, and expertise
- Show a willingness and ability to do design production work
- Have experience working with various stakeholders and teams including Product, Support, Marketing, and Engineering
- Show a willingness and ability to Learn and Grow — you believe continuous learning is important in an ever-changing industry
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely had some post-secondary education, have equivalent professional experience in a similar role, and continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills
- Have experience with design processes at scale and maturing a design system in practice
- Are passionate about and have experience fostering a creative culture within a design team
- Possess the ability to identify and cultivate the unique skill sets of each member of a design team
- Are a strong networker who is active in the tech and design community
- Have experience conducting UX research
Bonus points if you:
- Have worked in a variety of different team sizes
- Have experience in the education industry
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!