You are a seasoned, thoughtful, and impactful design leader who wants to work with smart people on hard problems. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where you push your designers to grow through mentorship, coaching and a high quality bar – all while having a seat at the table to define the strategic direction of a +$72 million (and growing!) product. We value leaders who are strong, empathetic and supportive coaches that prioritize design quality and psychological safety in their team interactions. Not only do you communicate and influence a large dynamic organization, but create opportunities for your team members to do the same.
What types of problems do we work on?
We help small and medium-sized businesses grow by providing the content and digital experiences they need to reach their customers. From solopreneurs creating their first website to 25 person support teams that work together on managing a knowledge base, we help businesses do it all by taking the complexity out of B2B software.
What is the CMS Hub?
We’re one of the newest and fastest growing Hubs at HubSpot, and enable 1- to 1,000-person businesses to create websites and digital experiences that allow them to connect with their customers. We are also the underlying platform that powers content creation experiences across all of our HubSpot properties. No matter where you’re creating content in our ecosystem, our goal is to make it seamless, scalable, and actionable. Customers are experts in their business. They don’t have time to be experts in our tools.
How do we design?
Design at HubSpot is both grounded in experience design fundamentals and a deep belief that small autonomous teams are the best way to get high quality work into customer’s hands.
- We value solving for the customer above all else
- We give each designer the responsibility and ownership to chart the course for their designs throughout the product and across teams
- We respect user research and content design, working cooperatively with them while designing
- We carefully lead and maintain a high-functioning, usability-centered design system and design language with our front end teammates
- We’re embedded on small teams with engineers and product managers in sane, sustainable ratios.
We are looking for people who:
- Have worked closely with product and engineering leaders to establish objectives, high-level strategies, and key results for a group of designers
- Have a developed sense for how to balance speed, quality, and consistency of design
- Have a sixth sense for how to provide and encourage thoughtful feedback on designs as well as identify overlaps and efficiencies between team member’s projects
- Have extensive experience providing mentorship, goal-setting, growth coaching, and accountability to designers
- Can deliver clear, direct and actionable feedback and won’t shy away from confronting difficult situations or increasing communication when there’s friction or uncertainty
- Know how to build a team; how to screen and interview new candidates for your team and other cross-functional teams across the organization
- Understand how to bring a sense of team and mission to the groups you lead and to the broader UX team. This includes being responsible for thoughtful team organization, aligning strengths to problems, and providing opportunities for career growth through additional responsibility or potential impact
- Evangelize product design and research. Seek ways to measure the impact of design including educating other stakeholders on the value of user experience
Want to know more about UX at HubSpot?
- What do Product Designers do at HubSpot?
- When Product Designers meet Content Designers, Customers Win
- Inclusivity is a Design Principle
- Building a Great Product Starts with Building a Great Culture — and the Best UX Leaders Know It
One more thing you should know…
There’s a lot of research showing how marginalized groups of people may not apply for jobs unless they meet 100% of the qualifications. We also know that content designers come from many backgrounds with different experiences that might not seem “standard”—and that’s okay! We really value people who bring unique perspectives and add new knowledge to our team.
Cash compensation range: 161,920-202,400 USD annually.
The cash compensation above includes base salary, on-target commission for employees in eligible roles, and annual bonus targets under HubSpot’s bonus plan for eligible roles. In addition to cash compensation, all HubSpotters are eligible to participate in HubSpot’s equity plan to receive restricted stock units (RSUs). Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay. Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications and other job-related reasons.
We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. To learn more about what’s included in total compensation, check out some of the benefits and perks HubSpot offers to help employees grow better.
At HubSpot, fair compensation practices isn’t just about checking off the box for legal compliance. It’s about living out our value of transparency with our employees, candidates, and community.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
Per HubSpot’s policy all employees who wish to work @office or @flex or to visit an office in-person must be fully-vaccinated. At this time, @remote employees are not required to be vaccinated.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) – link to HubSpot’s Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.