We’re searching for a seasoned, thoughtful, impactful design leader to join our UX org mentoring, coaching and managing a growing team of design leads, product designers and senior product designers. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to have a major impact with a team of experienced designers. We value leaders who are strong yet empathetic and supportive coaches, who can communicate and influence a large dynamic organization to help bring the team’s ideas to the world.
The role will partner with Product and Engineering counterparts to lead the design team on the Datasets squad within the CRM Product Group. The Datasets squad is responsible for empowering customer teams to achieve their goals with an accurate, accessible, and actionable view of their CRM data.
What types of problems do we work on?
We’re helping the actual human people running small and medium-sized companies grow their businesses. From small sales teams, marketing-departments-of-one, and part-time services folks to medium-sized orgs that have their sea legs, we’re all about helping these businesses grow.
What is growth? Growth for our customers means being able to hire more people, build and sell more products, and help more and more of their customers succeed -but not at any cost. Baked into the products we make are practices and approaches to growth that help customers sell, market, and service their customers responsibly, in ways we’d want to experience.
If you want to guide what the future of growth looks like, these are the kinds of problems to work on.
How do we design?
Design at HubSpot is both grounded in experience design fundamentals and a deep belief that small autonomous teams are the best way to get excellent work in customer’s hands.
- We value solving for the customer above all else
- We give each designer the responsibility and ownership to chart the course for their designs throughout the product and across teams
- We respect user research and content and work cooperatively with them while designing
- We carefully lead and maintain a high-functioning, usability-centered design system and design language with our front end teammates
- We’re embedded on small teams with engineers and product managers in sane sustainable ratios.
We are looking for people who:
- Have worked closely with product and engineering leaders to establish objectives, high-level strategies, and key results for a group of designers
- Understand how to set designers up to identify and drive impact that is great for our customers and good for business
- Have a developed sense for how to balance speed, quality, and consistency of design
- Have a sixth sense for how to provide and encourage thoughtful feedback on designs as well as identify overlaps and efficiencies between team member’s projects
- Have extensive experience providing mentorship, goal-setting, growth coaching, and accountability to designers
- Have experience working on platform teams where they balance customer needs with needs of internal teams to provide an optional and consistent end user experience.
- Can deliver clear, direct and actionable feedback and won’t shy away from confronting difficult situations or increasing communication when there’s friction or uncertainty
- Collaborate with the other design leaders to develop a product design strategy and convey the strategy to designers and the org in a way that influences execution
- Know how to build a team; how to screen and interview new candidates for your team and other cross-functional teams across the organization
- Understand how to bring a sense of team and mission to the groups you lead and to the broader UX team. This includes being responsible for thoughtful team organization, aligning strengths to problems and providing opportunities for career growth through additional responsibility or potential impact.
- Evangelize product design and research and seek ways to measure the impact of design including educating other stakeholders on the value of user experience.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
Per HubSpot’s policy all employees who wish to work @office or @flex or to visit an office in-person must be fully-vaccinated. At this time, @remote employees are not required to be vaccinated.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) – link to HubSpot’s Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.