At Airtable, our mission is to democratize software creation by building the premiere no-code platform for bespoke workflows and applications. As part of this vision, we’re looking to support a vibrant ecosystem of developers building extensions (apps) on top of the core Airtable product. This ultimately creates more value than Airtable itself. You can learn more about the beginnings of our developer platform here.
To drive this vision forward, we’re looking for a Developer Advocate to help grow our developer community worldwide. As our first Developer Advocate, you’ll be integral in crafting the developer engagement strategy and executing on this critical piece of our Airtable vision. You’ll educate and empower our developer community through scalable tutorials, speaking engagements, and integrated demos to unlock value for new and existing users. If you’re passionate about democratizing software and being involved with a developer community from day one, we’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll do
- Devise and execute on a strategic plan to grow our developer community.
- Represent Airtable in the community forum and produce relevant one-to-many educational resources.
- Identify product gaps and opportunities to better serve our developers. Work with our Platform engineering team to design and craft additional capabilities and features based on your insights.
- Wear several hats and do things that may not scale in the early days to help kick-start the community.
Who you are
- You are confident and comfortable presenting to audiences large and small.
- You are a self-starter who takes initiative and is energized by building a young community.
- Empathetic communication – both spoken and written – is your forté; you can distill complicated topics into something clear and succinct.
- You are a natural teacher and are passionate about helping others fulfill their potential.
- 4+ years of experience in a developer relations or advocate role.
- Ideally based in San Francisco Bay Area but open to remote.
- Bonus points:
- if you have experience with supporting and growing open source communities.
- if you have hired and grown a team (this is an IC role with room to grow).
What we offer
- We have your medical, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered (and your dependents covered at 65%)
- Complimentary One Medical membership for individuals and dependents
- High deductible health plan with health spend account contribution
- $250 monthly wellness stipend for you to invest in your overall wellness
- Mental health support
- Family planning support (fertility, adoption, and surrogacy)
- Generous vacation and sick time
- 16 weeks of parental leave
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career developmen
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 250,000 organizations around the world. Our most recent funding round valued Airtable at $5.77 billion and raised $270 million in additional capital, and we’re just getting started!