We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our team. Our enterprise SaaS product is growing rapidly, and we need to scale our infrastructure and our team. You thrive in an environment where you can help improve the infrastructure for the engineering team, and you strike a good balance between practical day-to-day maintenance tasks but also tackling long-term strategic initiatives.
You are passionate about keeping infrastructure stable, automating processes and developing new tools, conscious about security, and love having a high impact on the team and the business through ownership. If you embody the DevOps mentality, Sensor Tower could be the right place for you.
We are a fully distributed, remote first company and at this time are only able to hire folks who reside in the following states: California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Iowa, Massachusetts, New Mexico, New York, Texas, and Washington.
What You Will Do
- Understand our business needs and exert ownership of our cloud infrastructure to achieve these goals
- Design, optimize, and maintain a database architecture that empowers application developers to quickly access large underlying datasets
- Improve Sensor Tower’s telemetry to answer key questions about the performance of our application
- Drive high priority privacy, compliance, and security initiatives
- Investigate performance, infrastructure, and process failures, conduct post mortems, and facilitate continuous improvement in incident response
Experience We Want To See
- Expertise in AWS technologies (EC2, load balancing, auto-scaling, IAM, S3, Route53, etc.)
- Familiarity with telemetry tooling such as Nagios, Graphite, StatsD, Grafana, and ELK (or similar)
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Ansible, Terraform, or similar technologies
- Working proficiency with Ruby and/or Python
Nice To Have
- Demonstrated experience managing and administering high-load MongoDB clusters, including upgrade procedures, monitoring, and backup & restore
- Demonstrated experience managing and administering an OLAP database cluster such as ClickHouse, Druid, or Pinot
- Background in cloud infrastructure security and compliance, especially SOC 2 or ISO 27001
About Sensor Tower
Sensor Tower is a high-growth SaaS company that provides accurate, comprehensive, and customizable mobile market economy analytics to app developers, game developers, industry analysts and investors. Founded in 2013, Sensor Tower has grown from a $1M seed investment to being profitable and in 2020 we received a $42M growth investment from Riverwood Capital.
Why Sensor Tower?
Our flexible work environment allows employees to live in greater connection with the people, places, and activities they love!
Our benefits include:
– Flexible time off so employees can shape their time away from work.
– Health and wellness stipend to achieve and maintain a healthy lifestyle through physical and mental fitness.
– Monthly internet stipend and a one-time $500 home office stipend.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, and veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need, please do not hesitate to let us know and we’ll do our best to accommodate.