We’re an employee-owned, vertically-integrated builder of some of America’s most popular health & wellness brands. With over 1,200 team members dedicated to improving the lives of people and their pets, we create best-in-class products that bring health and happiness. Our creative content educates the world on making smarter health choices, while the brands we own generate over $1 billion of revenue annually.
We’re Looking For A: DevOps Engineer to design, optimize, automate, and execute on procedures for releasing code to our cloud environments. This role will be embedded in the daily implementation of bug fixes, innovation changes, and maintenance upgrades. You will be working with developers, engineering, and QA to tackle process improvements and identify new ways to release software quickly with a focus on quality and security.
Location: Woodland Hills, CA (Remote)
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Design, Develop and Support development pipelines to deliver software to internal and external customers.
- Constantly fine tune and implement new procedures and technologies to improve software delivery speed and efficiency.
- Support software systems to promote microservices/applications to prod and non-prod environments.
- Act as a primary gatekeeper for code releases to Staging and Production environments following defined procedures including code reviews, QA, security scans, and roll back processes.
- Deploys new versions of code to staging and production.
- Enforce quality and security standards in all relevant aspects of the release process.
- Facilitate automation to integrate unit tests, security scans, code reviews, automated tests, deployments and reports through automated pipelines.
- Evaluate new technologies, develop proof of concept demonstrations, and present findings to the engineering organization.
- Stay relevant with industry trends, technologies, and security standards.
- Implement best practice procedures for process improvement including postmortems, process flow optimizations, and cross functional communication.
- Support incident management and resolution for release related software issues
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop, improve, and enforce release planning and deployment processes.
Preferred Qualifications (Note: These are preferred and not required. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t tick ALL of these boxes.):
- Release Management & optimizing of DevOps release-cycles including implementation of best practices.
- Kubernetes (GKE is a plus including administration of K8 clusters, Rancher, K8 workloads, etc.)
- Proficient in leveraging CI/CD tools to automate testing and deployments (GitLab, CircleCI, CloudBuild)
- Attention to details.
- Building proactive plans & optimizing monitoring(s) to preemptively avoid infrastructure disruptions.
- Solutions oriented.
- Excellent communicator and collaborator with cross functional teams
- Ability to be strategic and execute fast in a fast-paced environment.
- Motivated and ambitious, interested in growing and developing.
- 2 years of experience in release management
- Experience working with the following tools: GitLab, GitHub
- Experience working with at least one of the following languages: Python, PHP, Bash, JS
- Automation experience with at least one configuration/deployment management system
- Previous experience with a cloud platform including AWS and Heroku.
- Linux / Kubernetes / DevOps Release Cycles preferred
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, Computer Science, Business, or a related field preferred
Golden Perks & Benefits:
- Health and Happiness: Enjoy 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance. Get 75% premium coverage for dependents.
- Become an Owner: Join our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and be a part owner of Golden Hippo.
- Boost Your Savings: Maximize your retirement with a generous 401K Plan and company matching up to 3.5%.
- Stand Out, Get Rewarded: Excel and be recognized through our KPI Bonus, Win of the Week, Spot Bonus, and Shoutouts Program.
- Flexibility at Your Fingertips: Work on your terms with flexible arrangements for most positions.
- Skyrocket Your Career: Unleash your potential with unlimited room for professional growth.
- Thrilling Events Await: Exciting virtual and in-person events that redefine fun.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $89,100-$118,900, plus annual & monthly KPI bonus potential.
Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geographical location.
*The safety of our candidates is our highest priority. When looking for a job, please be aware of cyber criminals, fake domains, and fraudulent job offers. Golden Hippo recruiters will only contact applicants from our official company e-mail domain, (NAME@GOLDENHIPPO.COM) or through our internal Applicant Tracking System, Greenhouse. In addition, Golden Hippo recruiters will never text you, send you checks, or ask you to disclose personal financial details. If you receive any suspicious communications regarding an open position or a job offer, please contact Golden Hippo directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to verify its validity.*