Guusto is on a mission to create amazing workplace cultures, so people get to love where they work.
We help HR leaders build employee recognition programs, so their people feel appreciated, engaged and inspired.
We are on an exciting trajectory, having seen over 300% growth since 2020 and are now the #1 highest rated recognition and rewards platform on G2 & Capterra with 1500+ 5 star reviews. We power programs for thousands of clients like Levi’s, Harvard, Raptors, Fairmont and more.
As a member of our Engineering team, you can expect to work with some amazingly talented people invested in your growth and development. As our first DevOps team member, you will be helping us set the foundation for all DevOps that will enable us to continue to scale our operations and production teams.
- Salary: $100,000-150,000
- Job Type: FT
- Remote: Yes
- Health and Mental Wellness Benefits
- Employee Health and Wellness Spending Account
- Annual Home Office Budget
- Annual Learning & Development Budget
- Team Recognition Budget
- Unlimited Vacation & Personal Leave (2 Weeks minimum)
- Company Laptop
- Amazing team to work with
In your first 3 months, you will…
- Learn our current processes and environments
- Work closely with our Technical Lead to develop a DevOps roadmap for the next 3/6/12 months
- Work with the development team to understand current pain points and find “quick wins”
- Meet with the Product Managers to understand the product roadmap
- Work with the QA Lead to understand how testing works and how it will be implemented as the team continues to scale
- Take over ownership of our AWS cloud infrastructure, including Kubernetes and Docker.
In your first 12 months, you will…
- Lead all DevOps projects
- Creating best practices of CI/CD
- Own all cloud infrastructure and work to improve security and throughput of development builds
- Set up and maintain CI/CD pipelines
- Have implemented tools to monitor software version control, application builds, infrastructure changes and deployments
- Have started automating operational processes and maintaining a backlog for future projects
- Improving our alert and monitoring tools
- Implement and manage necessary tooling and platforms for all aspects of IaC and CaC
- Continually provide technical guidance and best practices to the rest of the development team
- Be a team mentor to and work with junior team members to increase their knowledge of DevOps
- Design and implement automated infrastructure solutions and blueprints using Terraform
As a collaborative and small team, we are looking for someone who wants to build something with a supportive and collaborative team that is building a product that makes people’s work lives better. Our DevOps is in its infancy and you will have a major say in how this role and function at Guusto evolves and impacts the organization. This role has a lot of room for growth and advancement as the first dedicated member of our DevOps team.
What to expect
- Application: your profile will be reviewed within 72 hours, and you’ll hear back from us no matter what (no ghosting!). We aim to respond to every applicant within five business days.
- Zoom Interview: a 30-minute call with Noah (Head of People) to discuss your background, Guusto, the role, and answer your questions about Guusto
- Take-Home Project: we ask all candidates to complete a take-home project that you will review with Felipe and Alan
- Panel Interview: a 60-minute call with Felipe (Tech Team Lead) and Alan (Sr Developer) to assess technical skills and ability.
- Final Interview: a 30-minute call with Skai (cofounder) to learn more about Guusto and discuss how this role will collaborate with Product and QA.
- Reference & Background Check: At this point, we will ask for some references to call and will send over a background check as part of our due diligence.
- Offer: Ideally, this is the part where we make the offer, you accept, and we all celebrate!
Additional Application Information
We are a remote-first organization with employees in multiple cities and provinces and accept applications from anyone able to work in Canada. If you are located in the Vancouver area, you are welcome to use our main office at 1155 W Pender St.
As part of our interview process for this role, you will be asked to complete/submit a technical take-home project that will take 2-4 hours to complete.