Formed in 2014, Tendermint is the creator of Cosmos, an ecosystem of interoperable blockchains. We are a software engineering company that focuses on the Cosmos SDK and Starport, state-of-the-art frameworks for blockchain development. Over USD 100 billion worth of digital assets is secured by the 200+ blockchains built with the Cosmos SDK.
We’re passionate, self-driven industry leaders whose vision is to empower people to create a more transparent and accountable world through open, distributed, and interoperable networks. We believe that the technology we’re building will have a major positive impact on how humans connect and coordinate globally. Join our growing international team and help us build the most popular multi-blockchain ecosystem in the world.
How we work
We have team members working worldwide, from North America, Europe to the Middle East and Asia. We leverage agile methodologies to move quickly and stay focused. Communication is vital to us, and we rely heavily on Slack, Google Workspace, Asana, Notion, and GitHub to help us stay in sync. All the technology we build is free and open source.
This role is a full-time remote position, and you’re free to work from anywhere. Be advised that most team meetings occur between 8 am and 12 pm Pacific Time (UTC-8/-7). If you’re applying from a location where these hours are outside your usual working hours, we expect you to adapt to our meeting times.
What you will be doing:
- Design, build and maintain cloud infrastructure for blockchain networks and services and tools that enhance developer experience.
- Implement software for continuous deployment of blockchain-based applications.
- Develop tools that run distributed fuzzing around our blockchain to verify quality for our releases.
- Develop tools and practices to help troubleshoot and diagnosis application, system and network problems.
- Build solutions with a broad set of technologies in and around cloud solutions: Google Cloud Platform (GCE/GKE/Cloud Run/API), AWS EC2, ECS, Route53, RDS, Lambda, Serverless computing, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions on software architecture
- Work with our security team to develop tooling that can help verify security of our SDK and Tendermint ecosystem.
- Empower the Engineering and DevX divisions to ship and operate their own systems in production.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- First-hand experience in designing and writing microservices in Golang; bonus point for proficiency in Golang.
- A strong grasp of computer science fundamentals.
- Excellent knowledge of networking and communication protocols such as gRPC and Websockets.
- Good knowledge of relational and non-relational databases.
- Experience with containerised services and container orchestrators.
- Understanding of security, performance, server design and cross-platform architectures.
- Experience in implementing continuous integration workflows with tools such as Jenkins, GitHub Actions or CircleCI.
- Ability to write scripts or software programs that automate system and software administrations tasks.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Experience working with distributed teams
Nice to have:
- Interest in consensus protocols, P2P networking, distributed systems.
- First-hand experience in launching production-grade Tendermint-based applications and designing and maintaining enterprise-grade, scalable network infrastructures. Bonus points for having contributed to the launch of at least one Cosmos-SDK application mainnet or participated in at least one Cosmos ecosystem event (e.g. Game of Stakes, Game of Zones, HackAtoms, etc).
What we offer:
- The opportunity to be part of building the future of the Internet
- Flexible work schedule
- Excellent benefits like educational budget, fitness and wellbeing spend
- Flexible PTO
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision insurance 100% covered for employees in the US
- 401K Match in the US
- Competitive salary, including equity
Tendermint in the news: