What You’ll Do:
As a DevOps Security Engineer at Bigleaf, you will work as part of the Technology Operations Team within the Engineering Department to improve security, reliability, and availability of our network infrastructure; both internal and customer-facing, and both hardware and software. You will also work with our Engineering and Network Operations teams to identify and resolve issues, reduce human toil, and broadly make our system more robust and resilient. This is a new role at Bigleaf; you will help us define the role and space.
Come join us at Bigleaf to help businesses connect to their customers, people like us, people like you!
This position is 100% remote!
- Improve the security, reliability, availability, and observability of Bigleaf infrastructure, including cloud/hybrid infrastructure, network backbone, hardware, and software
- Provide leadership in the DevSecOps areas of vulnerability scanning; secrets, identity, and certificate management/storage; data analysis of security monitoring outputs; coordination of remediation patching, and other daily security and compliance efforts
- Assist in developing a security automation framework for robust deployment tools and processes, leveraging various scripting languages and open-source solutions
- Assist in Information Security Policy Management relating to our technology and platform
- Act as escalation point and participate in on-call support for production issues
- Increase the observability and visibility into Bigleaf systems and service/customer incidents
- Collaborate with our engineering, support, and operations teams to build efficient tools and processes that would improve our incident response, resolution and overall management process
- Conduct internal vulnerability scans and security audits and drive for resolution and risk mitigation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related technical field involving software/systems engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- Prior experience (5-7+ years) in a Production Engineering or related role (e.g., DevOps, Site Reliability Engineering, System Engineering)
- Strong, demonstrable Linux System Administration, InfoSec, scripting, and automation skills
- Experience coordinating and performing vulnerability assessments using automated and manual testing tools (e.g., Nessus, NMAP, Qualys, etc.)
- Prior experience auditing, certifying and/or maintaining SOC 2 or comparable (e.g., ISO 27001, HITRUST, PCI-DSS) security auditing & compliance standards and policies and the associated certification and audit processes
- Ability to review and analyze vulnerability data to identify security risks to the organization’s network, infrastructure, and applications, and determine any reported vulnerabilities that are false positives
- Capability to prepare security vulnerability and risk management reports for management and/or auditors
- Leadership and teaming skills to coordinate remediation of vulnerabilities within established timeframes
- Experience designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale, public-facing, distributed systems
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools (e.g., Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
- Proficiency in scripting languages, such as bash/shell scripting, Python, PowerShell, etc.
- Familiarity with API Security, Container Security, AWS Cloud Security, and Amazon AWS policy, configuration, and security management tools
- Experience with infrastructure monitoring tools, (e.g., Prometheus, Nagios, Datadog, Shinken, etc.)
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP networking and core network services (DNS, DHCP, NTP, LDAP, etc.)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, supporting multiple concurrent projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a multi-team, collaborative environment
- Network Engineering skills/experience is a big plus!
Who We Are:
Bigleaf Networks improves Cloud connectivity and Internet performance. We are a team of telecom and network software professionals who built our Cloud-first SD-WAN service based on the natural architecture of leaves. We provide a better Internet experience with simple implementation, friendly support, and powerful technology.
Bigleaf exists because of leaders and dreamers who believed there was a better solution to a technological need in business. As we continue to grow, we keep this leadership mentality in mind, and we encourage each other to constantly be improving by developing grit, servant leadership, diversity, and innovation.
Our Core Values:
Whether working with a customer or interacting with one another around the office, Bigleaf’s core values are heartfelt service, positive attitude, transparency, and focus. At our core, we are here at Bigleaf to develop technology that will help people, and these values help us maintain that intention.
Highlight of our Benefits:
- Medical (We pay 100% of medical premiums for our HSA health plan – buy up options available)
- Dental & Vision (We pay 100% for all levels of coverage)
- Life insurance, long term disability
- 401k with dollar for dollar safe harbor match
- Stock options plan
- Generous parental leave (6 weeks)
- 4 weeks of PTO +1 week of Wellness Time per year
- 13 Company Holidays
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Technology/Remote Work Stipend
- Monthly credit for GrubHub
- 2x per year full company offsite events!
This is a very exciting period of growth for our team. We appreciate you taking the time to carefully read through this ad. Our vision is to bring peace into the lives of our customers through advanced technology and excellent service. If you would like to join us in this role, please send along a resume and cover letter of how you meet the qualifications above and why you’re interested. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, 401k with match and a stock options plan.
We’re building a team in addition to a product, and we value and seek inclusion and diversity in that team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and feel it makes our teams stronger, so we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet the exact qualifications for this role.