At Brooklyn Data Company, we’re crafting a place where data people love to work. We are thoughtful leaders working towards meaningful, sustainable growth as individuals, as an organization, and as analytics partners with our clients.
Our growing team is fully remote and distributed, which means we can collaborate from wherever works best for each team member. With staff and clients from Los Angeles to Lagos, South America to Central Europe, we currently operate across 10 time zones (UTC+2 or Central European Time to UTC-8 or Pacific Standard Time).
What we’re looking for
We’re seeking folks with a passion for analytics and digital technology and mid- to senior-level experience thinking critically about how data can be transformed to best support and inform organizational needs and culture.
We’d love to hear from you if you…
- Appreciate thinking about the “why” in addition to the “how”
- Value diverse, inclusive teams and creating an environment where people of all identities, experiences, and backgrounds can thrive
- Embrace an environment where you’ll be exposed to a variety of companies, business challenges, and technologies
- Thrive or would thrive in a remote-first, distributed work environment
- Worked collaboratively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to achieve an organizational goal
- Worked in a consulting, SaaS, or e-commerce company
- Provided technical mentorship
- Worked in an agile environment
- Worked in a remote environment
- Set up funnels to optimize conversion rate and identify friction points, using Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Segment, Mixpanel, Snowplow, Amplitude, and/or Heap
- Visualized digital marketing performance using business intelligence tools like Google Data Studio, Looker, Tableau, Sisense, and/or Mode
- Managed a web analytics implementation project
- Worked with a client to understand their business questions and needs
- Set up a web analytics tracking tool through its user interface
- Developed reports in the tool’s user interface to answer key business questions
- Project manage the implementation of new web analytics tools such as Heap or Mixpanel
- Provide recommendations on how to improve the existing implementation of web analytics tools
- Develop dashboards for key client stakeholders
- Identify and implement tracking of key events (e.g. transaction, newsletter subscription) leveraging CSS selectors and regex on URL path.
- Define and capture key properties on users, sessions and events (e.g. user lifetime value, list of products in cart)
- Document best practices for Brooklyn Data and for our clients
- Set clients up for long-term success by collaborating with them to document data governance guides and user guides
- Troubleshoot why a report in a dashboard isn’t working
- Go through a data layer and identify data elements that could be passed back to the tracking tool
What it’s like working at Brooklyn Data
- Application – Your answers to the application questions will help us understand how your experience and interests map to what we need to grow the team. Note: we don’t review resumes or CVs, so no need to update or upload yours.
- Intro chat – You’ll speak to a manager about your background and interests and get a chance to learn more about Brooklyn Data.
- Technical exercise – You’ll submit your responses to a set of exercises designed to reflect the technical and communication skills you’ll need on the job. We hope it both gives us a sense of your skills and you a sense of day-to-day work at Brooklyn Data. We’ll pay you a stipend for your time so that the time (about 4 hours worth) doesn’t create an unfair barrier for any applicants.
- Interview with your potential future co-workers over Zoom – You’ll chat for about an hour with a few of the people you’ll be working with. We’ll share our key questions in advance, because we want to level the introvert/extrovert playing ground, to have you as much at ease as possible, and to make the best possible use of our time together. You’ll also have some time to ask questions of the team.
- Reference check – We’ll ask to reach out to two or three people who can speak to your work. We have a standard set of questions, answerable over email, phone, or Zoom.
- Our decision – If you’re selected, we’ll make an offer and open the avenues for communication with our team members to support you in making your decision. If you’re not selected in the current round, we promise to give you some context as to why not, if you’d find that useful. Keep in mind that we’re growing, and we expect there to be many future opportunities.
- Digital Analyst I, $80,625
- Digital Analyst II, $91,375
- Digital Analyst III, $96,750
- Senior Digital Analyst I, $104,275
- Senior Digital Analyst II, $112,875
- Senior Digital Analyst III, $123,625
- 100% premium-covered healthcare + dental + vision coverage for you (and partner or family)
- 401(k) with 3% company contribution
- Life, AD&D, and long-term disability insurance
- Paid parental leave (12 weeks birthing parent, 6 weeks non-birthing parent)
- 18 days paid time off, holidays (including a week off in December), and 2 floating holidays
- $1500 for equipment and office setup allowance
- $1500 per calendar year for continuing education
About Brooklyn Data Co.
Brooklyn Data provides the technical skills, experience, and leadership to deliver best-in-class data capabilities. That means we act as an extension of your organization–collaborating in real-time with your data team and stakeholders, flexing to provide support in the areas you need most.