Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
Having made its name in the game of quick and simple file-sharing, WeTransfer has grown into an end-to-end suite of digital solutions with more than 87 million monthly active users in 190 countries. Beyond the WeTransfer.com platform, we have the storytelling platform WePresent, quick slide-making tool Paste, immersive sketching app Paper, and inspiration-capturing tool Collect. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people—from our moms to your favorite artists. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
For all of these projects to happen, we need a well-oiled Creative Studio supported by Project Management, a team driven by efficiency, problem solving and operations. The WeTransfer Creative Studio is on the look-out for a full-time Digital Project Manager to be part of our fast-paced, collaborative and creative department. In this role, you are part of the Operations & Production team within the Creative Studio, reporting to the Senior Director, Creative Studio & Production, and will be overseeing projects and supporting operations for our Advertising Studio team through our USA/NYC Advertising team hub.
You understand the specific skill sets required and nuances within the creative (digital) process and projects, you are eager to learn, and you will work alongside Designers, Developers, Copywriters and Project Managers to take the WeTransfer Creative Studio to the next level. You have patience, can make sound, strategic decisions, are a natural leader and seek help when required. You are not afraid to ask questions, can see a long term goal and put the plans in place in order to achieve it. Above all, you take pride in your team, the projects and quality of the work we are doing.
We need someone with the skills, (agency) experience, and personality to keep lots of plates spinning at the same time. An organizational superstar with a creative brain that keeps projects running smoothly. Someone who is not just great at planning and organizing the day-to-day operational aspects of a team or projects, but can look ahead and anticipate future needs, unblock and guide people towards solutions. This person understands what is involved in the digital creative production process and is eager to learn more. You have a helicopter view at all times and have the confidence to drive a team forward. You expertly manage stakeholder expectations and when faced with difficult problems or unpredictable deadlines, you ask questions, make thoughtful choices, and bring a good sense of humor.
About the role
As a Digital Project Manager, you’ll be the driving force behind scoping, staffing, managing and delivering our digital advertising projects. Acting as the go-to liaison for key Creative Studio and Advertising team stakeholders, you are a strong negotiator, yet you are constructive when addressing feedback and you have a client-focused mindset.
It is important that you have a good understanding of the technical constraints and requirements of our advertising products, while being able to assess and value incoming briefs from the Advertising team. On a day-to-day basis, you’ll be working closely with our Senior Operations Manager, Designers, Copywriters and Developers in the USA and EMEA, managing internal (client) stakeholder expectations and external production partners, interrogating project briefs/requirements, building project timelines and ensuring quality communication and timely delivery. You’ll work closely together with our Traffic Manager to anticipate required resources, as well as other Project Managers.
What you will be doing:
- Lead planning, production, and delivery for WeTransfer Advertising projects within the Creative Studio. Stages include: creative development, scoping, production planning and timelines, budget forecasting and management, design, development and delivery across a range of deliverables
- Working with multiple client stakeholders (internal and external), engaging with external third party production partners and creative teams, with the ability to make sound commercial and financial decisions, quickly understand problems, propose solutions, and manage client situations
- Together with our Senior Traffic Manager and Project Managers, manage the team calendar, including clear communication of project and resource forecasting
- Initiate, optimize and manage internal workflows, including tooling
- Foster an efficient process that enables the team and stakeholders to do their best work
- Work with the Sales team to build strong relationships, provide status updates to all internal and external stakeholders, managing feedback/expectations
- Communicate project progress and team status to Creative Studio management and Leads
- Together with the senior creative team ensure an inspirational environment, team rituals and culture
What you bring to the table:
- Experience producing digital (advertising) projects from initial brief to final delivery
- Knowledge of the various roles, capabilities and production work streams in a Creative Studio or Agency setting
- Exceptional communication skills, tailored to different audiences (creatives and client-facing)
- Strong leadership, organizational and negotiation skills
- Natural ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Solution-oriented mindset and comfortable navigating ambiguity in an ever-evolving environment
- Ability to resolve issues that impact quality, scope and schedule in a constructive manner
- Interest in staying abreast of industry creative developments and digital production
- 5+ of experience in project management or production, delivering custom digital projects and/or campaigns
- Experience working with agile and PM methodologies
- Keen attention to detail with an ability to see the bigger picture
- Pragmatic attitude with a hands-on mentality
- WeTransfer is part of the creative community and so are you — broadly interested in tech, design and the arts
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential
- This is a remote-friendly position. The majority of this team is based in NYC, so we ask that you work within the EST time zone.
WeTransfer is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our people. We welcome you, and everything that makes you—well, you. That includes your gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, or disability status.
A note on remote
Our work environment is hybrid-remote, meaning that we support our employees to work remotely and in the office. We encourage employees to decide for themselves and with their team whether or when to go to the office.
While it is not necessarily a determining or disqualifying factor for any role, you may be required to complete a standard employment background screening.