Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We’re backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we’re all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal impact in the global employment space as Director of Accounts Receivable.
As an inspiring leader, you will own the planning, implementation and overseeing of Remote’s entire Accounts Receivable operations.
This role will work with large global teams, therefore a clear understanding of how to manage teams asynchronously, will be crucial to the success of these teams.
You will be reporting to the VP of Finance.
- You have 10+ years of working experience
- You are passionate about and have a deep knowledge of all global Accounts Receivable related processes, including billing, credit, collections, dispute resolution and cash application
- You have solid experience working internationally with global payment systems, payment service providers, acquirers and alternative payment methods
- You have experience in the management of payment acceptance solutions and payment operations as well as in the implementation of new payment systems
- You have a clear understanding and experience on how automation, integration and scaling can directly impact workload and sustainable growth
- You have a customer-oriented approach, with a pragmatic personality
- You are passionate about accomplishing goals and ensuring quality
- You are passionate about growth and make data-driven, well-informed decisions
- You are able to quickly adapt to a very fast-paced, international, scale-up environment
- You write and speak fluent English
- You have remote work experience (not required, but nice to have)
- Directly responsible for payments at Remote
- Maximise accounts receivable due to the company by ensuring payments are made timely according to customer payment terms
- Develop and scale an internal billing system for all our products
- Define and implement Credit Policy & Procedure, Bad Debt Management, Credit Limits and Fraud Prevention
- Set and achieve quantifiable goals
- Hire & lead a high-performance team across the globe
- Closely collaborate within operations so to maximise synergies
- Identify & execute on automation opportunities together with Product, Engineering and Automation
- Improve & optimise on an on-going basis processes, workflows, partners and tools
- Deliver great value to Remote’s employees and clients
- Coach & nurture Remote’s payments team
- Collaborate across all of Remote’s functions to maximise coordination and minimise blockers
- Stay up-to-date with international financial services law
- Be able to go from “scout to scale” and actually start things up
- Be an internal and external champion of Remote’s values and the team’s goals
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labour practices and therefore pay a minimum annual salary of USD 40,000 per year, in all locations throughout the world. Actual compensation may vary based upon geographical location, experience, and/or skill level. However, it will never be below our minimum global compensation mentioned.
You can learn more about the benefits we’re offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page.
- You’ll report to: VP of Finance
- Team: FinTech
- Location: Anywhere in the world
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with Head of Financial Operations
- Interview with Director of Product
- Interview with VP Finance
- Reference Check (optional)
- (async) Offer
How to apply
Please fill out the form below. Don’t forget to add your CV (ideally as a PDF) and a cover letter (at most a single page) explaining why do you think there’s a match between this particular role and your profile. Thank you!