Are you passionate about leveraging data to gain deep insights on customers and identify new growth opportunities? Do you want to be a leader in an exciting, rapidly scaling company and have an impact on its growth? Does the idea of leading, mentoring, and scaling high-performing teams get you excited? For you, it’s not just about the numbers you see, but applying them to help make meaningful business decisions. If you’re looking for a big challenge that holds impactful opportunities—you’ll find that at Thinkific!
Data is an essential part of Thinkific’s mission to give entrepreneurs the tools they need to grow their businesses through online education. The Data team works closely with teams across the business, including Product, Engineering, Marketing, Customer Success, Sales, Growth, and Senior Leadership, in order to ensure we are continually improving the way we operate and capitalizing on the right opportunities.
At our core, we are focused and passionate about making Thinkific’s customers successful. As the Director of Data, you’ll play a critical role in helping Thinkific better serve our customers and continue to scale rapidly and efficiently! You’ll be responsible for driving and improving the use of data to achieve our strategic and tactical objectives. You’ll also lead and scale our Data team to help ensure our organization has access to accurate and timely data, insightful reports, and strong strategic recommendations that enable the organization to make the best data driven decisions. The Director of Data will also work closely with our executive team and department leads to help improve our decision making process, especially on our key objectives and initiatives.
In this role, you will:
- Lead and scale a team of Data Analysts and Data Engineers, recruiting top talent while cultivating a strong culture of collaboration and impact
- Develop a data governance strategy to ensure data is timely, accurate, and reliable
- Ensure business stakeholders have visibility and trust into key metrics
- Identify new potential growth opportunities (and areas of efficiencies) by having an intimate knowledge of key metrics, trends, and business drivers
- Champion data projects that solve complex cross-functional challenges
- Promote data-informed decision making and provide education on best practices across the organization
- Ensure data infrastructure will scale to support our growing team and scope
- Manage, mentor, and facilitate career growth and professional development for your team, with a strong focus on continuous improvement
- Foster an open, collaborative, and inclusive environment
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have a successful record of building and leading high-performing data teams, ideally in a SaaS environment—you’ve recruited high performers and have seen them grow in their careers
- Be able to quickly gain knowledge of an organization and deliver business impact through data analysis
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of key SaaS metrics
- Possess a solid understanding of statistical and data modeling concepts
- Understand the modern data stack and keep yourself updated on emerging strategies and technologies
- Be a natural communicator who is able to deliver insights to both technical and non-technical audiences, as well as senior leadership
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely had some post-secondary education or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role, and you continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills
- Have experience working in a product-led growth company
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!