We are looking for people based in: UK, Ireland, Sweden, Germany, Belgium, Spain, east coast USA
We are a fully-remote team building a serverless database service. Our service offers automatic scaling, branches, zero-downtime migrations, ACID transactions, a built-in search engine, analytics, and more. These features are compounded by an excellent developer experience provided by lightweight type-safe SDKs, a CLI tool, an intuitive and powerful UI, as well as integrations with platforms like Vercel and Netlify.
- We define products collaboratively. The innovations in our product are a result of combining and polishing ideas from a diverse and inclusive team.
- We encourage everyone to take initiative and lead by example.
- We dogfood our product at every opportunity.
- We are community-driven and deeply care about the success of our users and customers.
- We all work remotely, usually from home, and we meet in person a couple of times per year in a nice location. We have employees in Germany, Spain, Belgium, the US, Sweden, UK, Hungary.
Having founders with management experience from Elastic, Xata is well-financed by amazing investors, including Guillermo Rauch (founder of Vercel), Shay Banon (co-founder and CEO of Elastic), Neha Narkhede (founder of Confluent), Elad Gil, Christian Bach, and Mathias Biilmann (founders of Netlify), and many others.
We care about work-life balance
Even though we are a small team and an early-stage startup, we are well-financed and with a strong runaway. This allows us to think long-term, both in terms of strategy and building a healthy company culture. We know that in order to build a lasting company, we need to think like we are in a marathon, not a sprint.
We don’t track hours and we don’t count PRs. We evaluate productivity and quality over a 3-4 months period. All roles come with 30 PTO days
We care about diversity in tech
If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We are challenging ourselves to build a healthy culture that allows us to build innovative and successful products.
Our founder, Monica Sarbu, founded a non-profit organisation called Tupu.io that helps tech companies support diversity in tech through mentorship.
Join our engineering team and help building an amazing serverless database service
- You’ll lead a team of software engineers to deliver features with high quality.
- Manage different priorities, working with the other departments to form a roadmap and execute on it.
- You’ll coach and develop the team, providing regular feedback, and help each individual to learn, grow, and develop their career
- You’ll shape an environment of psychological safety, and an environment where experimentation, continuous learning and growth are highly valued
- At least 4 years of experience leading multiple software engineering teams (at least 20 engineers)
- Experience leading complex engineering projects that cross engineering teams
- Experience as a software engineer and excellent knowledge of computer science fundamentals to understand the engineering work that is going on in your team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience working on a distributed and remote environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to motivate others
Nice to haves:
- Experience with various Cloud services, especially serverless platforms
- You’ve worked in open source before
- Experience with database systems
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Friendly and diverse work environment
- Flexible schedule, work from anywhere you are productive
- Budget for laptop + monitor
- Co-working space stipend
- 30 vacation days
- 2 months full paid parental leave
About our investors
We raised Series A from top investors (Index Ventures and Redpoint), having the first ever 100% female board for such a technical company.
We are proud to have in the board:
We are featured in