The HubSpot product team is passionate about helping small and medium-sized businesses grow better by building the tools that help them market, sell, and support their customers and teams. We build products for more than 125,000 customers in over 100 countries around the world. When our customers grow, we grow, and our need for empathetic, adaptable, and remarkable Engineering leaders has grown too.
Our Engineering team is looking for a leader to grow our mobile function. Today the team is made up of 30 engineers, with the mission to build top-of-the-line mobile products across HubSpot’s growth suite for our users. We embrace state-of-the-art technologies (Swift, Kotlin, React Native, Zeplin, Figma) to empower every stage of our development lifecycle. Our apps (iOS & Android) are fast, lightweight, user-friendly, responsive, functional, and beautiful. We’re focused on unleashing the power of Mobile across HubSpot and empowering all our customers to utilize Hubspot on the go. Our work spans Android, iOS, React Native, and Backend. The foundations are set for us to grow in impact and size. We’re proud of our mobile tech stack and are keen to contribute to the community through open source projects and the HubSpot Product Blog.
In this role, we are looking for a mobile development leader to help lead our teams through the next stage of growth. This role is highly collaborative, and partners closely with product, engineering, design & data teams across the company. The right leader will make the future-proof architectural decisions for future success; so the deeper someone can go in these debates the more successful they will be. The team owns the whole mobile ecosystem so experience around best-in-class testing and deployment is important. We pride ourselves on building autonomous and diverse teams so the ability and experience of setting up the right balance of processes and space are important. This leader will be the champion of quality, embracing state-of-the-art mobile technologies and will be the promoter of mobile across the organization.
Engineering leaders play to their strengths, but are aligned to HubSpot’s mission and show the leadership qualities that we’ve found to be most effective:
- They build trust, respect, and empathy, and use that as a base to deliver radical candor.
- They foster a sense of team and mission.
- They have strong working relationships across the organization, from the tech leads and the individual contributors who report to them, to the product managers and designers their reports work with, to their peers & the executive team.
- They understand our customer and business needs.
- They understand how we build and why.
- They represent our mission and culture to candidates.
- They get team members and candidates excited to take on new challenges
We’re looking for people who:
- Have experience across Android and iOS with an understanding of collaborative technologies like React Native
- Are comfortable collaborating with other engineering leaders on all matters that impact the Engineering team, including resourcing and building technology & product vision.
- Partner with product managers and designers to build software that’s useful, useable, delightful, and solves real customer pain.
- Are skilled at coaching and mentoring engineering teams, including code reviews, higher-level software design, and direct management.
- Have a track record working with recruiting or has hands-on experience growing remarkable engineering teams.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #4 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2021, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.