Hi, I’m Brock, the Chief Operating Officer at EnsoData and we’re excited to announce that we’re looking for a new teammate – a Director of Finance passionate about making healthcare better! The Director of Finance is responsible for the financial strategy and planning of the organization. This position comes with a salary ranging from $106,000 – $146,000, stock options, insurance benefits, 401k, unlimited vacation and sick, opportunities for parental and caregiver time away, and more!
The person in this position will be responsible for internal and external relationships contributing to the financial strategy. A few of the responsibilities include, and are not limited to:
- Develop complex financial models from the ground up, including strategic and financial planning processes and manage the financial forecast model
- Develop and monitor critical financial reporting and performance metrics, and communicate actionable insights to relevant stakeholders
- Partner with leaders with budgeting & forecasting, monthly operating reviews, towards strategic growth and bottom-line profitability goals
- Assist in preparation of performance reporting packages for leadership and the Board of Directors.
Ultimately, the person in this position is willing to dig into to tasks and duties across a spectrum from administrative to overarching. Our ideal candidate will also have some experience leading others as they gain knowledge and understanding of the financial strategy even though, at this time, the person will not have any direct reports.
Our goal at EnsoData is to provide artificial intelligence powered software services that create cost and time savings for frontline clinicians, allowing them to spend more time with patients and less time with data, improving both patient and provider satisfaction and patient outcomes. Our first product, EnsoSleep, uses our machine learning engine with big data to save clinicians hundreds of hours per month by automating one of the most arduous and repetitive data annotation tasks in all of healthcare – sleep study scoring.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics or similar; MBA preferred
- CFA Certification a bonus
- Exhibits strong professional experience with SaaS environments at a Director level (approximately five or more years in role is preferred)
- Demonstrated proficiency in a SaaS organization, or a strong ability to learn new business models and contribute quickly to the organization
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment and exhibits initiative with a positive and proactive approach
- Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business
- Previous experience at startup, tech, software engineering, or similar company is a bonus
- Desire to build groundbreaking technologies to make healthcare more efficient, affordable, and effective
- Personal qualities of integrity, perseverance, and commitment to the mission
- Ability to travel approximately one week per quarter to Madison, WI or another destination.
- Self-sufficient – excited about autonomy, fast learner
- Delights customers – comfortable working closely with customers and puts them first
- Passionate – possesses a strong desire to make healthcare better & intrinsically motivated
- Spreads good vibes – fun to work with, a great teammate
- Gets things done – bias toward action
- Doesn’t cut corners – integrity and attention to detail
- Shares knowledge – understands the value of good documentation and mentorship
2022 Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces (second year in a row!)
The benefits package includes, but is not limited to, the following:
Remote and flexible schedule – we offer the option to be 100% remote with support for flexible schedules! That being said, we do have an amazing office headquarters in downtown Madison, WI with views of the capitol that you are welcome to work at anytime. In case you didn’t know, Madison has consistently been ranked as one of the top places to live in the US (businessinsider.com, money.com, livability.com)!
Health, dental, and vision insurance with options to choose a plan that fits you and your dependents needs.
Unlimited vacation and sick time – we want our employees to rest, recharge, and feel better.
Caregiver and parental leave – there are opportunities to take time to care for loved ones.
Stock options – we want team members to feel ownership in the organization. When EnsoData does well, you do well.
401k to help people invest in the future.
Team weeks! A few times of year everyone travels to Madison, WI (or another determined destination) to gather in person and enjoy a few days together and participate in team events such as a volunteer activity. (Hint: check out our blog for info from former team weeks!)
- Submit a resume online and our team will choose those that seem like the best candidates.
- We look forward to meeting you face-to-face! A few candidates will be chosen for a 30-minute video call to get to know each other, discuss your experience, and explain the position in more detail.
- Expect an opportunity to discuss your skillset.
- The final candidate(s) will participate in a meet-the-team interview.
EnsoData seeks to recruit, hire, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. If you think you’re a great fit, but don’t necessarily check every box on the job description, please still get in touch.
To learn more about our ongoing commitment to diversity, check here.
Equal Employment Opportunity
EnsoData is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on any basis of race, color, national, social, or ethnic origin, gender, pregnancy, or childbirth, gender orientation, identity, or expression, sexual, relationship, or romantic orientation, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, family or parental status, age, past or present military service, physical, mental, or sensory disability, medical condition, genetic information, religion, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. EnsoData will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. We value, celebrate, and support diversity, inclusion, and our differences. We are committed to providing a safe work environment and a company culture of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. We seek to recruit, hire, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, intersectional individuals, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. We have deep conviction that diversity and inclusion among our teams, our communities, and our physical and virtual workplaces is vital to the success of EnsoData’s mission to improve healthcare access, outcomes, and affordability for patients and communities everywhere globally.