The Director of Finace has the primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, and managing all financial-related activities for the organization. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, financial reporting, forecasting & budgeting, building financial business models and projections, tax filings, and audit and compliance.
- Oversees the general accounting function, which includes AP, AR, cash management, reconciliation, financial reporting, cash flow analysis, and balance sheet management.
- Assist the organization to develop, manage, and analyze short- and long-term budgets and all related and supporting financial projections. Provide monthly, quarterly, and annual budget to actual analysis to inform management decision making.
- Maintain and improve the company’s statement financial models
- Drive monthly analyses and reporting on financial performance and other key performance indicators and provide variances to plan/forecast
- Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the organization’s assets are protected.
- Ensures that the organization’s financial records are maintained in compliance with company policies and US GAAP. Responsible for reviewing monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure this compliance.
- Oversee Federal and State tax reporting requirements, insurance reports, and other reports required by government regulation.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, or related fields.
- 5+ years of financial management and accounting experience
- Ability to develop financial modeling and annual budgets
- Impeccable mathematics and analytical skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and comfortable working within a “start-up” environment
- Proficiency with accounting software (specifically, QuickBooks) and Excel spreadsheets
- Solid GAAP and financial reporting technical skills
- Ability to create ad hoc analysis by leveraging data from multiple sources to inform decision making
- Knowledge of industry-standard business intelligence tools preferred
- Strong Excel financial modeling skills