Since being in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we’ve seen tremendous growth while intentionally creating a culture where people from all backgrounds belong. Our company and products are informed by diverse perspectives from the best talent around the world. We are fully remote, have no offices, and are looking for team members who are excited to work remotely.
We closed our Series A and B in 2020, and after raising a $67.5M Series C in 2021, we are scaling faster than ever. Join us to grow your career with our rapidly growing company!
Are you a dynamic leader who wants a new challenge and the opportunity to build and lead a global infrastructure organization? If so, come join the Shogun team! The ideal candidate will be a hands-on, technically strong leader with a track record of managing and growing DevOps, SRE, and AppSec engineering teams, and a deep understanding of existing and emerging DevOps, SRE, and AppSec trends and technologies. You will work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment, and play a key role in building secure, scalable services and infrastructure for Shogun.
In This Role You Will…
- Oversee and lead multiple technology infrastructure workstreams, including DevOps, SRE, and AppSec.
- Manage day-to-day operations with a focus on quality, scalability, reliability, security, and CI/CD.
- Manage Cloud infrastructure provisioning, cost and planning.
- Develop, implement, and maintain IT Infrastructure policies and standard operating procedures.
- Lead design, implementation, and support of all core Infrastructure systems, including scalability, collaboration tools, and hosted/cloud data center operations.
- Support and manage teams building/integrating instrumentation.
- Improve and develop efficient processes for your department. Encourage taking risks and learning from mistakes.
- Champion and facilitate breakthrough solutions. Take appropriate, intelligent risks.
- Measure and track team performance to achieve planned deliverables.
- Identify opportunities to improve team efficiency and productivity.
- Remain current with the latest technologies and industry best practices.
- Mentor, manage, and motivate a high-performing team of managers and engineers and set clear priorities to achieve goals and KPI’s.
- Drive modernization, automation, optimization to continuously improve operational effectiveness, agility, performance, availability, and cost to serve.
- Communicate Shogun’s vision and strategy to the team and serve as a point of contact for any questions.
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years of experience as a technical leader in Infrastructure.
- People management experience.
- DevOps management experience.
- Security management experience.
- Applicable working experience designing and implementing cloud services offered by public cloud service providers (e.g., AWS, Heroku, etc.)
- Manage Cloud infrastructure provisioning, cost, and planning.
- Experience rolling out new processes and policies with a focus on change management to increase efficiency and reduce friction when introducing new initiatives.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to translate complex technical concepts for non-technical audiences.
- Experience as a strong cross-functional partner. Able to effectively collaborate with various business leaders, subject matter experts, and decision-makers to develop data-driven policies, products, and models to improve performance across all facets of infrastructure.
- Experience with App Security.
- Experience leading Security operations, including monitoring, response, auditing, and implementation of new Security technologies.
- Experience working in a multi-national corporation.
- The ability to handle the ambiguity of a start-up, collaborate cross-functionally and empathize with team members and customers.
- Experience with policies and standards, risk and control assessments, access controls, control remediation, regulatory compliance, technology resiliency, risk and control governance and metrics, incident management, secure systems development lifecycle, vulnerability management, and data protection.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with
- Remote work – We are a diverse and distributed team that uses Slack, Zoom, Notion and other tools to stay connected
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what’s right over what’s easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually, and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
Please refer to the position specific location requirements listed under the location section of the job description as we are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the mentioned location(s) without requiring employment visa sponsorship.