Who we are:
Pixel Union Design Ltd represents both Pixel Union and Out of the Sandbox brands, two leading designers of premium themes and apps for the Shopify ecommerce platform. We’re focused on helping our merchants — entrepreneurs, innovators, and businesses — succeed by providing them with the world’s best digital products and exceptional customer support.
We are a team of 90+ with a headquarters in Victoria, BC and remote team members across Canada and beyond.
About the role:
As Pixel Union’s Marketing Director, you will lead a mission to rapidly expand the market position of two established and well regarded Shopify product and service brands, with a focus on developing our merchant and partner communities and building our reputation as a trusted partner and thought-leader in the space.
As Pixel Union’s Marketing Director, you’ll…
- Define and implement a global marketing strategy across all Pixel Union product and services divisions.
- Establish and grow Pixel Union’s merchant community through proprietary channels such as groups, forums, newsletters, podcasts, and other media.
- Expand Pixel Union’s affiliate program & partnerships to diversify acquisition sources in the ecommerce vendor space.
- Develop Pixel Union’s reputation as a prominent thought leader in the ecommerce/Shopify space.
- Guide & manage ongoing direct marketing campaigns in support of Pixel Union apps and themes.
- Be accountable for key metrics across product and service divisions, such as CLV, CAC, Agency Leadflow, Marketing ROI, Cross-Sell / Upsell Performance, etc.
- Inspire, support, manage, develop, and coach the marketing team members.
- Allocate team members to appropriate projects, assign performance targets, and work with divisional GMs to identify budgetary objectives.
- Track, report, analyze and provide necessary insight and guidance to grow the business across the full customer lifecycle: acquisition, activation, churn, MRR/ARR, and blended LTV.
- Spearhead initiatives to enhance Pixel Union’s marketing & analytics stack as needed to better understand our merchants & measure performance.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to develop comprehensive marketing strategies for each division.
You’re ready for this opportunity because you have:
- 8+ years of leading and implementing successful marketing strategies.
- Successfully built customer communities and proven results of growing a brand’s influence.
- Effectively implemented various SaaS product marketing strategies and tactics across a range of product and customer verticals.
- Previous accountability for business P&L, including forecast setting and reporting to senior management.
- Excelled working in cross-functional project teams that include stakeholders from various departments
- Been part of an executive team and worked with senior leaders.
- Lead, inspired, coached, and developed team members for career growth.
- An analytical and data driven decision making mentality.
- Intimate familiarity with ecommerce customer problem sets; Shopify-specific experience a plus.
Please include a cover letter with your application – we’d love to better understand your background and experiences. We value diverse perspectives and believe that skills are transferable!
We are a company built on creativity, teamwork and employee well-being. We work hard, push our limits, and enjoy ourselves around fun, good people on challenging and rewarding tasks.
Some of our perks include:
- Competitive base salary
- Opportunity for growth as the company grows
- Exposure and learning across teams and services
- Health benefits and RRSP matching
- Company-sponsored fitness allowance
- Generous vacation policy
- Flexible work schedule and remote-friendly culture and systems
We bring passion and energy to our work, and believe that work should be rewarding, interesting, and come at a sustainable pace. Our team members can be found across Canada, the U.S. and the UK, and are well-adapted to working from home and the remote lifestyle. As long as you have a strong internet connection, you’ll be all set to join this dynamic team!
Please note that we will be filling this position within Canada. We look forward to hearing from you!
We thank all who show interest. Only those shortlisted will be contacted.