Director of People Strategy – Fueling the Growth
Nav is democratizing small business financing. In other words, we give small business owners access and control. Yes, this challenges the norm, but it means working with curious, purpose driven, dedicated, and inquisitively smart people who push themselves, our company, and the community to the next level (and every level after that). We are the people behind the tech. And when it’s good, we look for better. We don’t over think the value we bring nor spend time trying to revamp mantras. We also do not come up with some crafty way to tell you who we are and what we offer. We are Nav! Here, you’ll gain a wealth of experience, learn the tricks of the trade, and work with winners. All companies say people are connected to their mission but in our case our mission and our people are one – it is a way of being not just a cause you are committed to. And since 2013, Nav has holistically and organically developed its own ideology because Nav can only be Nav.
This position will provide you with the opportunity to partner with a dynamic and analytical people team who set a high bar for innovation and success. You will be a people partner that does not rely only on “best practices” from the traditional HR playbook, and instead thinks holistically about the employee experience while keeping pace with the future of work. In this highly influential role you will continue to help us modernize our people strategy and find creative solutions to our toughest business/people problems. You will do this by leveraging technology, data, benchmarking, business partnerships, candid communication, and good judgment.
WHAT WE EMPOWER YOU WITH:
- Solving the unsolvable! We proactively tackle some of the toughest challenges for our employees and build some of the industry’s most innovative solutions.
- Providing a strategic people experience based on in-depth understanding and analysis of internal and external sources of information; making recommendations on people experience strategies that enable Nav to be the place where people want to work, thrive, and make a positive impact on small business owners.
- Owning the end-to-end feedback loop process throughout the entire employee lifecycle. This includes feedback through surveys, round table discussion, recognition, 1:1’s, company meetings, and other intersections where feedback can be collected.
- Leveraging the data to support business initiatives; evaluate and apply the data to support future decisions and communicate data as necessary to enable stakeholders to track progress and create actions that drive positive employee engagement.
- Designing change strategies and solutions to address the people factors affecting our ability to reach our strategic objectives, including the workforce intelligence model, and how to cultivate, engage, evolve, measure, and incentivize the workforce.
- Driving the development and implementation of Nav’s DIB’s people strategies in the areas of recruitment, leadership development, customer experience, employee engagement and retention.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- You are known for your strong analytical skills and ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy and then translate and simplify complex information appropriately for various audiences.
- A demonstrated ability to translate business strategy and goals into optimal people strategies that are scalable, simple, customer-focused, and adaptable to unique and changing business needs.
- A solid working ability to conduct gap analysis and use data to solve business problems. With your strong business acumen, you have been able to find the intersection between business and people strategies.
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights.
- You leverage human-centered design strategy to unleash your creative and innovative thinking skills and have a proven track record to approach opportunities and generate ideas that inspire exciting outcomes.
- You are a master at proactively anticipating and then leading and direct conversations around complex problems, goals, tradeoffs, and ideas.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias towards employee-centric innovation.
- You are comfortable operating on both strategic and tactical levels, simultaneously acting as an internal ambassador, educator, analyst, solutions architect, and implementer.
- You have a strong understanding of business process management, project management, and technical change management.
- You have great verbal and written communication skills; ability to look behind what is being communicated to understand the fuller meaning.
- Proven ability to partner and translate business requirements into system solutions.
- You are constantly researching and assessing companies’ best practices through networking and strategic partnerships.
- You are curious and try new ideas constantly, learn from them and execute again.
- You are flexible and respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities; ability to work under tight deadlines and plan, organize and carry out multiple, detailed tasks.
- A desire to grow and be pushed outside of your comfort zone and take on increased scope of responsibility.
INCLUSION AT NAV:
At Nav, we celebrate what makes our employees unique because the businesses we serve are progressively diverse and distinctly original. Naverick’s are diverse, side hustlers, immigrants, veterans, queer, and we push generational boundaries. We are college dropouts, PhDs, special needs parents, allies, pet owners and community leaders. Naverick’s are human. We are committed to upholding a safe, supportive environment where everyone matters. We are committed to making a better future for all of us. We have created a workplace where people of all backgrounds can express their identities authentically. To put it simply we want you to be proud to be you.
OUR COMPENSATION PHILOSOPHY IS SIMPLE BUT POWERFUL.
We believe great, enduring relationships are grounded in trust and transparency. Compensation shouldn’t be a distraction, and employees should understand how pay and career advancement decisions are made. Providing equal pay for equal work is table stakes for being a great place to work. Gender and ethnic inequity should only be something that our children read about in history books. We believe providing Navsters with company ownership, competitive pay, and a range of meaningful benefits is the start of creating a culture where people want to give the best they’ve got — not because they’re simply making money, but because they’ve fallen in love with our vision, mission, values, and team.
OUR IMPACT ON YOU:
Competitive Pay. Company Ownership. Unlimited Vacation. Benefits Day One. 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave. Work From Anywhere (yes we were distributed before it was cool). Flexible Work Arrangements. Free Telehealth and Telemental Health For All Employees. Employee Networking and Events. Community Network Groups (women’s, PRIDE, culture). Meaningful Perks and Rewards. Learning and Development Opportunities. Pet Insurance.
A NAVERICK’S DNA:
- We look at the future and say “why not”; we see possibilities where others see problems or routines. We show the way ahead and are committed to achieving ambitious goals.
- We practice straight talk and listen generously to each other with empathy. We value different opinions and point of views. We ensure that we connect outside as well as inside to learn from others and inspire each other.
- We hold ourselves accountable for delivering results. We choose to not to be a victim of circumstance. We make decisions & take responsibility so that we can act & support each other, rather than adopting defensive, and “finger pointing” behaviors.
- As leaders we motivate & engage our teams to undertake beyond what they originally thought possible, by developing our teams & creating the conditions for people to grow and empower themselves through enabling & coaching.