Director of Product Development & Strategy, Mathematics
Curriculum Associates hires people, not positions. If you feel energized by what you read here, but aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! We believe diverse backgrounds lead to innovative thinking, making our products better for the 8 million students we serve. Above all, we’re looking for the right person to grow with us.
The Director of Product Development & Strategy, Mathematics will lead the conceptualization and development of Curriculum Associates’ new product offerings.
The successful candidate is a creative leader with a proven track record of defining best in-class K-12 mathematics programs and inspiring quality and innovation. We work in a collaborative environment and we expect our leaders to work cross-functionally to drive the product development process from conception through completion. The ideal candidate is a life-long learner who is collaborative, proactive, highly organized and passionate about leading teams to define high-quality mathematics programs.
The impact you’ll have:
- Join a mission-driven company and team who are focused on developing educational resources that support anti-racist beliefs
- Influence the creation of educational resources that are used by 8 million students across the country
- Develop products in collaboration with the educators we serve, as well as work with industry leaders and organizations to ensure culturally responsive resources
- Collaborate with leads in product development, product management and strategy, and product marketing to define product roadmaps and drive product vision
- Lead product research strategy for the Algebra offering and ensure product strategy is in line with business development goals and customer needs
- Drive the publishing process from conception to published product of Algebra and other High School Mathematics instructional materials, including:
- Setting high standards for editorial content and pedagogical approach, and ensuring final products reflect these high standards
- Creating and overseeing project schedules and budgets
- Developing resource and staffing plans
- Managing project teams
- Creating and refining prototypes based on customer and rep feedback and input from thought leaders
- Facilitating focus groups
- Recruiting, hiring and training of editorial staff
- Stay closely connected to educators, field team members, and key stakeholders to ensure well-rounded perspectives drive product priorities
- Support the Marketing team in generating key messages used in development of sales collateral and the Professional Development team in creating content to support effective implementations
- Keep abreast of educational trends by attending workshops and conferences and network with educators and field teams
- Regularly review competitor product lines and develop staff awareness of strengths and weaknesses to identify product opportunities
What we are looking for:
- 10 or more years professional experience in education with a minimum of 5 years in educational publishing
- Proven ability to lead teams with excellent management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong storytelling skills
- Commitment to educating children, helping teachers, and advancing our nation’s mathematics goals
- Understanding and appreciation for the demands teacher face serving the needs of their students, including sub-populations like special education, ELL, and students with learning disabilities
- Knowledge of national mathematics content standards and standards for mathematical practices, as well as widely accepted current best practices
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders from across the organizations and derive a product strategy that fulfills pedagogical, market, and existing customer needs
- Experience with communicating product vision, goals, and expectations to internal and external customers
- A passion for innovation, creativity, curiosity, and lifelong learning
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred
Location: Currently, all employees at Curriculum Associates are working remotely due to Covid-19. We are accepting remote candidates for this position based anywhere in the US.
Compensation and benefits: Equitable pay and great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.