Are you a product leader looking to join and grow a team of talented product managers? Do you have experience leading the strategic direction of a product or product line? Can you partner with your team, product design and engineering to collaborate with customers and develop product operational excellence? Are you able to empower your team and feel motivated by their growth? If you’re looking for a big challenge that holds big opportunities — you’ll find that at Thinkific.
As the Director of Product Management, you’re accountable for helping our customers find success with Thinkific by leading a team of product managers who collectively own one or more value streams within our product platform. You will foster collaboration with customers, Engineering, Experience Design and Research and various other departments to deliver solutions to solve our customers’ needs. You will provide ongoing strategic and operational leadership while developing product management talent and tradecraft within your team.
In this role, you will:
- Own and lead strategic direction and the operational cadence for one or more value streams within the Thinkific Platform
- Lead, manage and develop a team of 4-7 Product Managers, each of whom are responsible for signature concept initiatives and cross-functional product teams
- Create a strong team culture built on celebrating successes (and failures) to continuously learn and grow
- Develop and execute product line strategy and product-led operations, working closely with our VP of Product, Director of Product Design and Engineering counterparts
- Refine and accelerate a product-led insight-to-action workflow focused on understanding what our customers value most and building solutions that achieve our business goals
- Relentlessly engage customers and gather insights to develop behaviors, practices and rigors among your team to wallow in customer problems and share this understanding inside the company
- Create product visions and roadmaps with your team — summarizing needs, value, and ROI — and get others excited about the opportunities ahead
- Work collaboratively with customers, team members and company leadership to develop product operational excellence. Partner closely with Experience Design, Research and Engineering to ship solutions that drive business outcomes and customer value
- Analyze, retrospect and learn from your work, framing up new opportunities and celebrating wins!
- Co-lead the development of Thinkific Product Management function, product-led behaviors and an insights-to-action workflow across the company
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Hold 3+ years experience directly managing software product managers (SaaS preferred) in a high growth business
- Have successfully built software that positively impacted your customers and business
- Demonstrate a track record of customer focus and business outcomes as a product leader, having independently led new initiatives and shipped significant products with visible business impact
- Be curious, analytical and data driven. You turn data into insights and channel many sources of information into well-formed and objective strategy. You build this capacity and passion in others to make it a cultural expectation
- Be customer-obsessed with a proven history of connecting your team and organization to customers. You coach your team on details and successfully ship products in a fast-paced environment
- Work cross-functionally, channeling multiple points of view while advocating, refining and aligning strategy for your team and products
- Take command of your time to get things done, set objectives and clarify work for your team. You creatively address challenges or blockers, relentlessly prioritizing while giving your team purpose and autonomy
- Be detail-oriented, flexible, scrappy, and able to work in, contribute to, and thrive in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely had some post-secondary education or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role, and you continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills
- Consider yourself a creator in one or more capacities. At work, at home, in your personal life or in entrepreneurial ventures, you can’t stop yourself from using your intrinsic passion to create
- Have fluency and experience with multiple software development methods/environments. You have spent years doing the work that you now expect of your team members
- Are willing and able to coach, mentor and develop the people around you
- Lead with humility, are well aware of your own leadership style and have a love for learning
Bonus points if you:
- Are able to inspire and align people with vision, goals, and purpose that drives our business
- Have experience in EdTech, e-Learning, ecommerce, mobile, digital marketing, growth or SaaS
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!