The world is changing at an accelerating rate. But we cannot take in the information fast enough, let alone make sense of it. We are fundamentally limited by the speed at which we read and write — the speed of human thought. The challenges facing decision-makers today require a radically new technology.
Primer is at the forefront of the natural language processing revolution. Our artificial intelligence platform is capable of reading text at a rate of millions of documents per hour, extracting information and updating a knowledge graph of billions of entities. It is capable of answering natural language questions and generating the first draft of natural language analytical reports in seconds. Our mission is to empower our customers by vastly reducing the cost of curiosity. What once took days of research can happen instantly.
Our customers include some of the world’s largest corporations, financial institutions, and government agencies in the world. You can learn more about Primer’s technology and the problems we solve at our blog, as well as in recent media coverage of our work.
At Primer, we put our customers first. As a Director of Product Management, you’ll guide products from ideation to launch for some of the world’s largest enterprises. You’ll be responsible for understanding customer needs through data, conversations, and any other means necessary. You’ll work closely with Engineering, Design, and the business. You’ll face problems that require a mix of technical knowledge, creativity, critical thinking, and business acumen.
Product development at Primer moves rapidly between research, design, engineering, and testing. Product managers keep this process running smoothly, making sure everyone has a shared understanding of the big picture. Product managers manage innovation within the constraints of delivery deadlines and evolving customer needs. They jump between strategic planning, problem-solving facilitation, ideation sessions, deep-dives into scientific literature, and user testing.
As the first Director of Product Management in our UK office, you’ll be working closely with a growing engineering team, helping us establish our culture and direction. As we grow, you’ll build out the product management function here, and help set us up for future scale.
- Roadmap: Work with customers, the business, and engineering to set strategy and collect and prioritize requirements.
- Execute: Work with data scientists, machine learning engineers, software engineers, and designers to build products that delight our customers.
- Invent: Think widely about potential applications of machine learning and natural language processing techniques, translating the capabilities of these techniques into business value for customers.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- 3+ years of product management, product design or equivalent consultant no experience for a technology company (bonus for experience with enterprise software)
- 2+ years working with Data Scientists or Machine Learning engineers (does not have to be in a product capacity)
- Academic background in Computer Science, Engineering, or quantitative discipline
- Strong analytical capability with experience in data modelling and analysis
- Demonstrated success in delivering new products and features
- Ability to make things happen around you, and a desire to contribute and learn. You manage project ambiguity, complexity, and cross-functional interdependencies in an organised and structured way.
- Be able to define and analyse metrics that inform the success of products
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience scaling and improving Product Management across multiple teams
- Familiarity with machine learning modelling workflows and basics of Data Science: feature selection and engineering, different machine learning model families, optimisation considerations for machine learning models, deployment and serving challenges
- Familiarity with machine learning algorithms: gradient boosted trees, zero-shot modelling, deep learning, neural nets
- Familiarity with machine learning platforms and knowledge of big data systems
What We Offer
- Cultural and educational events (e.g. tech talks)
- Teammates that respect each other’s expertise
- Technically-minded product managers who understand complex AI
- Rapidly growing company, with opportunities for growth into leadership roles
- Smart, engaged co-workers who are at the top of their game
- Honest and open environment for exchange of ideas
- Flexible work via remote work and family-friendly environment
- Monthly paid mental health days