Quickly maturing startup seeking like minded Director of Product Management! PacketFabric redefines how companies procure and manage their network and cloud connectivity. The product and technical teams are a small, talented, and close knit group who are 100% remote and we need some help to keep making amazing products that customers will love.
What PacketFabric Offers
- Remote first, globally distributed team.
- The chance to disrupt the entrenched Internet infrastructure industry.
- A supportive and optimistic team that likes to learn from each other.
- A product development pipeline that’s constantly pushing new features and enhancing the quality of existing products.
- The opportunity to work with many different technologies.
- The opportunity to work with lots of open source technology.
- A small company culture.
- Great health, dental, and 401(k) for US residents.
What PacketFabric Doesn’t Offer
- Lack of direction: we maintain a clear roadmap and product pipeline.
- Pre-meetings: we don’t hold meetings to plan other meetings.
- A commute: no hours wasted in megaregion rush hour traffic.
- A dress code: a robe and slippers is acceptable attire any day of the week.
As a well rounded Director of Product Management, you should definitely be the type that appreciates diversity in your day, and challenges outside of your comfort level! Our product management teams need a leader with a range of experience to help them grow and ensure everyone is successful in their respective roles. At PacketFabric we believe our management should be experienced in their subject matter, execute with a high degrees of precision and be a fantastic communicator. A typical day in the life of a PacketFabric Director or Product Management might include these types of activities:
- Helping product managers improve their skills, experience, self sufficiency and success in their roles. Holding regular 1:1s with all team members to keep individuals goals on track and aligned with team success.
- Building processes that help the teams collaborate and execute, both within the product team and with the sales and marketing teams.
- Collaborating with sales and marketing leadership to ensure product management is producing collateral and information to ensure their success.
- Driving go to market strategy across the company with different teams to deliver well thought out product launches.
- Collaborating with engineering leadership to ensure they are informed of product roadmap and staffed appropriately to deliver.
- Assisting in multiple projects where there are gaps in skills and time, everything from pricing exercises to product collateral to sales training.
- Developing and centralizing quality product metrics for use in combination with market analysis to drive decisions.
The right candidates are likely to have an engineering degree or MBA and have solid instincts for keeping various teams on track with large scale product and business goals. You are secure on how and when to say no, meeting timelines, and knowing when it’s necessary to make difficult decisions. More specifics include:
- 10+ years leading product management teams within B2B SaaS, PaaS, IaaS or network service providers.
- Strong drive to ruthlessly reduce user friction in every customer interaction in the company from sales, to software, to billing.
- Proven track record bringing new products to market, with an emphasis on go to market strategy.
- Skilled at partnering with VP and C-level executives, especially in sales and marketing to drive business decision-making.
- Ability to combine both internal user data and consumer insights to help map the product experience.
- A passion for living and breathing the user experience, immersing yourself in data, user trends, research and live interactions.
- Ability to complement all decisions with supportive analytics and market data.
- Work seamlessly across departments to ensure the best outcome for the business.
- A reputation of execution, accountability, and owning the outcome.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.