We’re in the middle of a growing behavioral health crisis we can’t ignore, especially when it comes to kids and teens. About 1 in 5 of those under age 18 have a behavioral health condition, yet up to 80% still get little or no help. Brightline is here to change all of that.
We’re on a mission to build a bright future for every child and teen. We’ve brought together a leading team across healthcare, tech, and business who are driven to tackle this massive national problem every day. Together, we’re building exceptional technology and real-world care to bring families a warm, supportive, and goal-oriented experience of care that will help them thrive long-term.
Founded in 2019, Brightline is the leading comprehensive behavioral health platform for families, backed by $25M in funding from leading investors including Oak HC/FT and Threshold Ventures. As we grow quickly across the country, we’re looking for exceptional team members who, like us, are eager to transform behavioral health in this country and change lives.
About the Role
We are rapidly growing our marketing team as we partner with employers and health plans to bring care to families across the country. We are looking for an experienced Director of Product Marketing to bring our category-defining products to market.
As Brightline’s first product marketing leader, this role will build our go-to-market strategy from the ground up, champion the voice of the customer, and support sales enablement. You will partner closely with Product, Engineering, Commercial and Marketing to influence the product roadmap and ultimately drive adoption of Brightline’s products among B2B/B2C buyers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Go-to-market (GTM) strategy: Define and implement our GTM playbook for new and existing products, including positioning, messaging, pricing and packaging. Craft clear and compelling product narratives and launch strategies to engage current and prospective customers.
- Product messaging & positioning: Develop product positioning, messaging and proof points that resonate with B2B/B2C buyers and differentiate Brightline in the marketplace. Collaborate with Marketing, Commercial and Product teams to define Brightline’s core differentiators and value proposition.
- Market intelligence: Conduct voice-of-customer (VOC) research to understand customer needs, pain points, and opportunities. Leverage intelligence to inform our product roadmap and prioritize solutions that best address our buyers’ needs and use cases.
- Sales enablement: Support the training and engagement strategy for the Commercial team, including needs analysis, learning plan development creation of enablement content that supports sales objectives. Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) on Brightline’s value proposition, core capabilities, market landscape and customer use cases.
- Cross-functional leadership: Collaborate and drive alignment among Marketing, Commercial, Product, Engineering and Care Delivery teams on product roadmap and GTM strategy.
Experience & Skills
- 5+ years of marketing experience with focus in product marketing, product management, industry marketing
- B2B product marketing experience strongly preferred, healthcare tech industry a plus
- A strong track record of developing GTM strategy that’s accelerated product adoption
- Demonstrated experience owning customer research to inform product roadmap
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A cross-functional leader & team player coach committed to building high performing teams
- Creative problem solver who can think strategically and out of the box
- Strong communicator both written and verbal
You will thrive at Brightline if you have:
- A passion for our mission to redefine behavioral health for children and their families
- The desire to work collaboratively with a tight-knit but quickly growing team across many different areas of the business
- Flexibility, humility, and a sense of humor
- Excitement for working in a fast-paced startup
- Alignment with our cultural values
- One team, one mission: We have an important mission, and we’re in it together. We find strength in our differences. We share the ups and downs. And we’re always greater together.
- Can’t stop, won’t stop: We’re going to change lives. We have unstoppable drive to get there. We move forward together, without interference, and we celebrate along the way.
- Be present, be kind: We bring together extraordinary people. We come as we are. We make time for humor and compassion. And we show up for our team.
The Brightline team is headquartered in the SF Bay Area, but we are open to remote work for this role.
Brightline is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience to apply.