At Vercel, our mission is to enable developers to create at the moment of inspiration. We are the platform for frontend developers, creating tools millions of developers use every day. By unlocking developer potential through the use of open-source tools such as Next.js, React, Svelte, and Turborepo, we enable developers to go from idea to global application in seconds.
As a globally distributed company, we take pride in our ability to work across time zones and continents, fostering collaboration and innovation. Our offices in San Francisco and New York City serve as hubs for our teams to come together and develop the tools that empower our users. By joining Vercel, you’ll be part of a team that is deeply committed to open-source technologies and dedicated to shaping the future of web development.
About the Role:
To further our commitment to providing an exceptional experience to our Enterprise customers, we are looking to add a Director of Professional Services to our fast-growing Customers for Life leadership team. The Director of Professional Services role is pivotal in shaping the initial engagements with our Enterprise customers so that those customers can bring Vercel solutions into Production quickly and reliably. We are looking for a Global Leader to shape our organization, our initial Customer Journeys and our internal processes to ensure our customers consistently achieve their initial business objectives quickly, our Professional Services organization is run efficiently and our employees reach their full potential. In addition, the Director of Professional Services will work closely with our implementation partners to help educate their developers in Vercel’s best practices so that our joint customers always benefit from industry-leading solutions.
The role requires a strong background of building world-class Professional Services organizations, processes, customer experiences and partner enablement programs.
What You Will Do:
- Lead and manage a high-performing global Professional Services organization
- Develop Customer Journeys that consistently identify customer goals during the Buying Process, develop implementation plans designed to realize those goals, and deliver projects and project teams that achieve those goals for the customer
- Increase net dollar retention by ensuring consistent success in our customers’ first production deployments on Vercel.
- Collaborate with the Sales, Support, Customer Success, Engineering and Product organizations within Vercel to ensure the best customer experience in the industry
- Collaborate with our implementation partners to ensure those partners are enabled to deliver world-class solutions to our shared customers
- Build an efficient Professional Services organization that can accurately and efficiently scope, deliver and bill projects for our customers.
- 5+ years of experience in leadership roles in professional services organizations
- 10+ years of experience in Professional Services roles
- Experience scoping customer engagements and delivering successful projects
- Experience building and delivering Professional Services motions for a SaaS or PaaS software platform
- Experience building & scaling world class Professional Services organizations
- Experience managing and leading within a high-growth startup environment
- A proven record of generating Net Dollar Retention through process, tooling and internal education changes
Bonus If You:
- Relish exceeding any and all targets set for you.
- Have experience working with Enterprise software platforms at global scale.
- Have previously worked at a high growth SaaS or PaaS company.
- Have previously developed front-end or full-stack solutions in a Professional Services organization
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style – 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow – we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited PTO – 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- We will provide you the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed
The San Francisco, CA OTE pay range for this role is $203,000 – $275,000. This salary range is an estimate. Actual salary will be based on job related skills, experience and location. Pay ranges outside San Francisco may be adjusted based on employee location. The total compensation package also includes benefits and equity-based compensation. Your recruiter can share more about the specific pay range for your location during the hiring process.
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description.