About Big Sky Health
Big Sky Health—creator of the world’s most popular fasting app Zero—is passionate about helping people live healthier, longer lives. Our digital experiences provide information, motivation, and accountability on your path toward wellness. We’re a small, mission-driven, Series A startup with an incredible team of scientific experts and investors. We are looking for thoughtful collaborators and strategic self-starters who are driven and care deeply to positively make an impact on the health and well-being of millions of people.
Big Sky Health is 100% remote, with team members working from their favorite desks in Los Angeles, Toronto, Lisbon, Nairobi, and yes, Big Sky, Montana. We offer competitive salary and benefits, unlimited time off, and a stipend for making your work space work for you. We’re comfortable with and enthusiastic about working across time zones and hiring globally. While maintaining the flexibility to work from anywhere, we require all to have some overlapping hours with Mountain Time working hours.
About the role
The Director of Social and Community will own all organic social media channels, external communities, and our new in-app community. This multidisciplinary role must be well versed in Internet culture, community building, social media and content. This person will report to the VP of Content and Community and will be responsible for using social media to create attention, grow communities, and generate user advocacy as well as building the team from the ground up.
In this role, you will:
- Define, own, and execute an innovative social and community strategy
- Devise, monitor, and optimize organic campaigns to meet KPIs
- Create, build, and participate across social, in-app, forums, and virtual and physical events
- Drive innovation across all social and community channels, remaining up to date on new technologies, platforms, trends and competitor activities to apply to strategic plans
- Serve as the online voice to engage with the community and enhance our social presence across existing, emerging, and new platforms
- Partner with the Content team to best communicate with users and health enthusiasts
- Work with our scientific advisory board and chief medical officer to extend our brand position across all channels
- Expand the fan base across channels by attracting new followers and build programs to galvanize our most engaged users, turning them into community ambassadors
- Build and manage a team of community specialists and moderators as we expand the scope of the community
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Design and Engineering to develop and enhance the in-app community strategy and expand the platform userbase
- Partner with the Marketing team to support campaigns and product launches
- Drive content amplification on existing and emerging social platforms
- Own all influencer programs to drive community growth and in-app initiative participation
- Implement processes and tools to achieve social and our community’s goals
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience building, scaling and managing an online community and social channels
- Prior experience leading a consumer brand of 500,000 active users and up is a plus!
- Exceptional interpersonal and written communication skills and a passion for helping people
- A keen sense of how to drive quality conversations and engagement on a variety of platforms
- An entrepreneurial mindset to be strategic and tactical; be ready to get in the weeds to build new initiatives from the ground up
- Prior management experience is ideal
- Proficient in social media tools and software including Sprout social
- Ability to think creatively with a passion for developing and delivering big ideas
- Extreme attention to detail with relentlessly high standards
- Experience overseeing and optimizing social budgets across multiple platforms
- A passion for the health and wellness space and familiarity with existing influencers and channels is a plus!
We’ve got big dreams, a wonderful team, strong traction and an exciting roadmap. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds and identities. Bringing on new talent is an opportunity for us to enrich our company culture with brand new perspectives. Join us!