We’ve been growing rapidly since being in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, and after recently closing our Series B funding round, are now in hyper-growth. Our teams are diverse, fully distributed, and with no offices – we are looking for team members who are comfortable with and motivated by the opportunity to work remotely.
For this position, we are looking for candidates located in North America.
A Director, Social Media and Communications to play a key role in leading Shogun’s strategy to raise awareness and engage with the broader ecommerce community. This person will be responsible for driving successful social media engagement across owned and external social channels. The person will also lead efforts to drive awareness through press, media and analyst programs. This role will have the opportunity to establish a foundation for the function with leadership opportunities as the team grows.
In This Role You Will..
- Build and execute on a proactive strategy to position Shogun amongst the most innovative tech companies in eCommerce.
- Create and drive the execution plan for Shogun’s owned social media channels including LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter.
- Bring creativity, fresh thinking, and new ideas to delivering great social media execution.
- Collaborate and partner with stakeholders across our company from content, brand, to creative, product marketing, people and customer success teams
- Identify and build relationships with key digital influencers and engage them to help execute partnerships that amplify key marketing moments.
- Create a scalable strategy to enable and amplify our executive leaders.
- Champion the use of data to drive useful insights – and measure the impact of our social media channels.
- Manage social media promotions and budget. Collaborate closely with external third parties and agencies.
- 5-7 years experience in working in social media, communications and/or marketing, ideally in a high-growth technology company
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally, within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Marketing experience with a B2B SaaS software company. Ecommerce experience is a plus
- You’re a social media pro! You live to drive engagement and reach on social media through innovative thinking and creative execution.
- A passion for storytelling, bringing the Shogun brand to life in a differentiated way to engage current & new followers.
- A creative mindset that’s always churning with actionable ideas that help enhance Shogun’s brand and success.
- You are data driven and like to measure results, learn, experiment and improve
- Exceptional written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills that are clear, concise and direct; must have keen attention to detail
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with
- Remote work – We are a diverse and distributed team that uses Slack, Zoom, Notion and other tools to stay connected
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what’s right over what’s easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually, and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
We are hiring in the United States and Canada, and are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in these regions without employment visa sponsorship.