If you are a solid leader who still likes to have your hands in the development process, we want to talk to you. You should be local to Cary, North Carolina and have experience leading a team as well. Please read on!
We are looking for a talented Director of Software Development to help us in our office in Cary, North Carolina. The Director of Software Development will work within a tightly knit global development team, and will play an integral role within Xsolla. This role reports up to the VP of Engineering and CTO is a supervisory role.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Technical Leader:
- Hands-on developer and contributor
- Tracks the Scrum Sprint and SAFe Increments of all teams in the Hub
- Creates and tracks a Hub technical risk mitigation plan
- Facilitates Hub team meetings
- Advocates for investments to Hub technical debt
- Provides the declared quality of Hub product ecosystem
- Participates in the design of Hub product architecture
- Contributes and follows the company’s architectural strategy
- Improves Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery Hub, and DevOps processes
- Defines technologies, tools and approaches
As a People Manager:
- Interacts and collaborates with all Hubs at the company level and global R&D leaders
- Hires, fires, retains, supports and leads a team of technical leaders in the Hub
- Promotes company values in the Hub
- Supports the professional growth of Hub DEV teams through the accumulation of knowledge and experience
- Works with the strengths and weaknesses of Hub DEV teams
- Builds a culture of collective responsibility for commitments in the Hub
- Creates a culture of trust, creativity, continuous learning and mentorship in the Hub
- 5+ years work experience
- Eligible to work in Cary, NC AND LOCAL to the area
- High-load system designer and developer
- Full understanding the principles of development (SDLC) and operation of applications, the ability to work with functional and non-functional requirements for an application
- Experience in leading multiple development teams
- Experience in developing and supporting application architecture, discussing it with the team, understanding the limitations and advantages of the technologies and practices used
- Development experience using one of the web technology stacks (e.g., React.js + Go, React.js + Node.js, Angular.js + PHP)
- Ability to understand and apply Agile product management methodologies like: Scrum, Agile, etc.
- Ability to work and be flexible in a fast pace environment
- Team of teams management experience
- Agile practitioner
- Skilled facilitator
- Comprehensive Benefits Plan (Medical/Dental/Vision/Life) + More!
- Matching 401K
- Unlimited FTO
- Career Development + Growth Opportunities
Xsolla is the video game commerce company, powered by Transaction Engine and Business Engine, that helps developers and publishers market, sell, connect and optimize their games globally. The engines work seamlessly together to solve the complexities of distribution, marketing and monetization so partners can increase their audience, sales and revenue. For more information, please visit www.xsolla.com.
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time so the individual and organization can achieve their results. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Xsolla takes your privacy very seriously, and will not sell or externally distribute any data received during the hiring process. For more information related to GDPR or CCPA please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Longevity Opportunity Vision Enjoy the game!