We believe that Small Businesses are stronger together.
Alignable is North America’s largest small business network with over 5 million businesses in 30,000+ communities. Small businesses give our communities character– generating local jobs and supporting local causes. Their owners are creators, risk-takers, and, always, problem-solvers. In today’s changing times, they’re under-resourced, yet undeterred. We want to empower and give back to these small business owners.
Our mission is to support their ongoing success by providing recommended resources, highly-rated tools, and an engaged, supportive peer network – it’s a difference our members experience every day. Whether it’s hearing from a fellow business owner who’s overcome a similar problem, reading a credible opinion on a vendor, or sourcing great ideas to grow sales, Alignable members can count on each other for empathetic, pragmatic advice.
We’re looking for people who are passionate about our mission.
Connecting our Members with their peers is only possible if our platform is beautifully simple and delightful to use. We are looking for a Director of User Experience to build a world-class team and discipline from the ground up that sets the bar for how to bring technology to a large and diverse user base. You’ll work with leaders in Product, Marketing, Customer Succes, and Engineering on a daily basis to conceptualize, craft, and deliver redesigned and brand new products to millions of small businesses.
What you’ll do
- Define and manage Member research strategy and prioritization
- Grow, lead and mentor a full-stack UX team to build and refine features based on data
- Roll up your sleeves as a player/coach and design experiences side-by-side with the team
- Talk to our Members to fully understand them and their needs. Implement customer-led design to uncover customer use cases and unmet needs. Clearly communicate these back to the company and inform product decisions based on that data.
- Set an exacting standard for simple and clear product design and ensure that new features and products are easily accessible to our Members
- Collaborate across teams – Product, Engineering, Marketing, Customer Success, to deliver a well designed and intuitive product experience.
- Work closely with our Product and Engineering teams to turn designs into shippable production features.
- Implement data-driven strategies to measure usage and behavior that enable customer success.
What you’ll need
- 10+ years of experience working in UX design
- 3+ years of experience leading UX/UI teams across multiple projects.
- Innate empathy and compassion for the struggles of owning a small business
- A design portfolio that demonstrates your ability to design simple, engagement-driven products
- Experience defining UI patterns that can be integrated or repurposed across multiple products and user flows.
- Natural leadership to mentor and engage a team.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in order to represent product offerings to stakeholders and customers.
- Outstanding organizational, leadership, and time management skills.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and eagerness to try new things and be innovative.
- A collaborative work style and a roll-up your sleeves attitude; a deep sense of personal ownership, and willingness to “do the work” as opposed to just overseeing or managing the work.
- The ability to successfully manage competing priorities and responsibilities, and help your team do the same. You excel under pressure.
- A Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent experience.
Why join the team
Advocacy and Encouragement; They make our online communities great, but they also make Alignable a great place to work IRL. Our culture is dynamic, supportive, and offers tremendous opportunities to grow your career together with the business. We offer autonomy, ownership, mentoring, and flexibility. Every one of our employees can directly point to how they’ve made a major impact on the business.
A remote-first organization headquartered in Boston, Alignable launched in 2014 and is venture-backed by Mayfield fund, Recruit Strategic Partners, Saturn Partners, NextView Ventures, Lead Edge Capital, and KIC ventures.